M14 Forum banner

Why Do You Own The M14 M1A Rifle?

22854 Views 225 Replies 158 Participants Last post by  mos
Myself I see the M14-M1a as the Premier U.S. Battle Rifle, Period

No doubt about it for reliability the robust design and engineering have created a long lasting versatile Weapon that has short or long range capability to follow shot after shot at desired target with accuracy and the knockdown power.

The Rifle just sitting there is SEXY, and you just want to hold the Rifle, and look through the sights and PLACE the bullet into the desired target. Hmmmm

And the MEN that have used the Rifle in combat that participate on the Forum to further the constructive use of Rifle for Marksmanship skills. Thank YOU to all that participate here, on the Forum.

I myself read here every day and continue to learn more about a Rifle that I have held for self assurance for over 30 years. That to practice my Marksmanship skills will make me a
better prepared Rifleman. Anything that I have written here is not ment to offend or DisHonor Men that have seen the Elephant, if I can use that term.

Why Do You Own The M14-M1A Rifle?
181 - 200 of 226 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Had a few garands, and more than a few carbines, then the AR bug bit me hard for a while. Got that out of my system, and didn't realize how much I missed steel and wood until I came upon a nearly unfired (less than a box of rounds through it) M1a loaded recently. Waiting for the shipment of stuff from sai (loaded coupon). Mounted up an A.R.M.S. base with a cantilevered mount holding a vortex diamondback.
I think I am going to gloss up the stock, gotta have some shiny. Can't help it :)!

· Registered
389 Posts
Myself I see the M14-M1a as the Premier U.S. Battle Rifle, Period

No doubt about it for reliability the robust design and engineering have created a long lasting versatile Weapon that has short or long range capability to follow shot after shot at desired target with accuracy and the knockdown power.

The Rifle just sitting there is SEXY, and you just want to hold the Rifle, and look through the sights and PLACE the bullet into the desired target. Hmmmm

And the MEN that have used the Rifle in combat that participate on the Forum to further the constructive use of Rifle for Marksmanship skills. Thank YOU to all that participate here, on the Forum.

I myself read here every day and continue to learn more about a Rifle that I have held for self assurance for over 30 years. That to practice my Marksmanship skills will make me a
better prepared Rifleman. Anything that I have written here is not ment to offend or DisHonor Men that have seen the Elephant, if I can use that term.

Why Do You Own The M14-M1A Rifle?
Yep. I would summarize as the most charismatic, multi role rifle ever made

· Registered
54 Posts
I don't own a functioning one yet. I have a what I think is an HRA M14 pats kit. Wanted one after how my dad talked about how great they were from his time in the Army. He went from having an issued M14 in Germany to getting an M16 in Vietnam in 1969. Also helped that when I got to my first unit right after they got back from Afghanistan some of my SLs talked about how great the M14 EBRs and M110s they had were for the open terrain. One day I'll build it

· Registered
76 Posts
Always have been drawn to the wood/steel construction, it is a firearm that is intended to be brought into battle and looks very much the part. Having carried the M4 throughout my Afghanistan deployments and Army career, I wanted to take a step back in time (and arguably take a different route compared to the rest of the gun community that is enamored with ARs) and pursue a new passion. Glad I did!

181 - 200 of 226 Posts