M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ted Brown has completed my "first born", test fired and zeroed her. Ted said she held a two inch group at 100 yards. My "baby" is a LRB M14SA receiver mated to all USGI parts with the TA, bolt, op rod, and standard barrel all USGI Springfield Armory manufactured. (TA, bolt, op rod, and gas cylinder from Elmer Balance.) She is mated to a USGI M14E2 birch stock (from Fred's M14 Stocks) with Sparrowhawk FDS-S dummy kit. She will be dressed out with USGI M2 bipod and USGI stabilizer.

For those folks that are blessed to be able to attend the Shot Show, they will see my "baby" before I will. Ted will have her on display at the LRB booth at the Shot Show. Please send pictures and tell her "I Love Her" and I will be waiting patiently for her arrival in Georgia.

M14vrp 8)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'll be there!!!

Triggerman (I will be talking to Ted! And rubbing your rifle :D )

Please don't be angry that you rifle will be fondled by another man, you can have sloppy seconds! :comehere:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
triggerman said:
I'll be there!!!

Triggerman (I will be talking to Ted! And rubbing your rifle :D )

Please don't be angry that you rifle will be fondled by another man, you can have sloppy seconds! :comehere:
Please be gentle!
Thanks!

M14vrp 8)

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,826 Posts
Shot Show

I can see I'm going to have to keep a rag handy for all the spittle wipe ups. I'd hate to see rust forming on a FINE WEAPON! I will also have a National Match rifle displayed and a Space Gun built on one of LRB's AR15 receivers. To be fair, I should mention that there will also be a couple of rifles built by Smith Enterprise as well and I think one may be the Crazy Horse model. Lou has been great to envite me to share his booth. :D Looking foreward to this great show and I hope to meet many of you there!
Ted Brown

·
Registered
795 Posts
Leaving tomorrow for the Shot Show,,, going early to meet with a friend to help break in his new Uzi - I will be walking around the show wearing a Harley type leather vest with Viet Nam Vet on the back.. Name is Michael or call me Harley (ride a Harley and my dads name was Harley) see ya there..

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone made it to the Shot Show yet?

:?: Has anyone made it to the Shot Show yet and seen my "BABY"? She's the sweet LRB M14SA fitted with all USGI SA parts with "Hawk's" FDS-S dummy kit dressed in the M14E2 evening gown with USGI M2 Bipod and USGI Stabilizer accessories at the LRB booth.

If so, please send pictures (as I have not seen 'Her" yet) and give us a report. Please tell her "I Love Her and Miss Her"!

M14vrp 8)

P.S. "Dr." Ted Brown delivered her.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I went by there and didn't see her, I think he sold it!
Just joking, he had a few on the table, and they all looked awesome, but I forgot the description you gave.
Stupid me, I was the only one who read the pre-show literature that said no cameras, everyone there had cameras but me!
Tried to do the show in one day....no way to do it, I feel like I'm on the downside of an adrenaline dump about now.
If I go back I'll take some shots of her....

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Shot Show

LVMPDawg said:
I went by there and didn't see her, I think he sold it!
Just joking, he had a few on the table, and they all looked awesome, but I forgot the description you gave.
Stupid me, I was the only one who read the pre-show literature that said no cameras, everyone there had cameras but me!
Tried to do the show in one day....no way to do it, I feel like I'm on the downside of an adrenaline dump about now.
If I go back I'll take some shots of her....
Description of "HER":

LRB M14SA Receiver with USGI Springfield Armory parts
Hawk's FDS-S Dummy Kit
M14E2 USGI Birch Stock
USGI M2 Bipod
USGI Stabilizer

I'm desparate for a picture of "HER"!

Thanks!
M14vrp 8)

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Mrs. Different gave me a report about an hour ago. She visited the Springfield Armory, Sage International and Troy Industries booths among others. She tried to find the LRB Arms booth but was not able to, unfortunately. She discussed the M1A Scout vs. M1A SOCOM issue with a representative of Springfield Armory, Inc. and came away convinced that the 18 " barrel is better for her. 8) She had a great time. :D

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Different said:
Mrs. Different gave me a report about an hour ago. She visited the Springfield Armory, Sage International and Troy Industries booths among others. She tried to find the LRB Arms booth but was not able to, unfortunately. She discussed the M1A Scout vs. M1A SOCOM issue with a representative of Springfield Armory, Inc. and came away convinced that the 18 " barrel is better for her. 8) She had a great time. :D
LRB Arms are at Booth #705 located in the Law Enforcement Section. This information is based on what LRB has posted on their website. Unfortunately for me, I am in Southeast Georgia listening to the rain and patiently waiting for my "first born" to come home.

Thanks Different for your posts. :D How is your move to the east coast going?

M14vrp 8)

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
M14rvp, thanks for the assist. Mrs. Different had the booth number for LRB Arms and was with another individual who has been to the SHOT Show several times. Both of them could not find it. She told me the show was packed with attendees.

I'm in CT. Once I get my permission slip approved, I'll bring Mrs. Different and the big boy toys to CT.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Just got home... Have pics will post tomorow, your baby is fine... we all got our prints all over it.... Great Show... LRB booth was hard to find - you HAD to have a map or you would be lost forever... Ted, Lou and the staff was great... again,, Pics tomorrow,,, tired tonight... Have to be at the fire station at 0800 - once the daily chores are done,, I will be posting... Later,,,, Harley...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.