Votes: 20 34.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
I'm rather disappointed at the turn out for this poll. Out of the 900+ members that visit the forum daily, only 43 voted over the course of 17 days. For those who participated, thanks for supporting the event. For those who didn't, why didn't you? For the three contenders, all of your rifles look great, it's unfortunate but there can be only one. Congratulations B 2/75 for winning the very first M14 of the Month Competition. CLAP2

Reactions: B 2/75

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I'm rather disappointed at the turn out for this poll. Out of the 900+ members that visit the forum daily, only 43 voted over the course of 17 days. For those who participated, thanks for supporting the event. For those who didn't, why didn't you? For the three contenders, all of your rifles look great, it's unfortunate but there can be only one. Congratulations B 2/75 for winning the very first M14 of the Month Competition.
agreed. i dont get it. when the competition was announced, everyone was so gun-ho about the whole thing. the number of votes was disappointing but even more disappointing was the number of submissions.

well, im at leat honored to get third runner up against such profound M14s. congrats B 2/75 on winning, as well as being fortunate enough to be apart of the M14 history (if you will)......being one of the first to wield one of the rare experimental M14s of it's time.GBERET1

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Speaking for myself only, I saw the poll on the right of the home page, but there were no links from there to view the candidates, only the option to vote. I didn't get my act in gear to look around for the photos and story behind the candidates.

Perhaps this can be addressed for June?

·
Registered
896 Posts
I didn't know this was the first poll of this kind, and being a newer member I didn't quite feel right voting. In any case, I would have voted for the SOPMOD.

Congrats, B 2/75!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I appreciate the vote, but the honor well and truly goes to the "owner" of the rifle, a Master Chief west coast team guy, who was able to fire it with some considerable gusto during a rather nasty engagement in Samarra in Dec 03. That night on the rooftop I was toting a brand-new M4A1 with a nicely tiny but rather ineffectual due to the range at which we were shooting 11" barrel. I couldn't hit a durn thing. But, I did tote the SOPMOD M14 around Baghdad, Fallujah, and Ramadi area for a couple of weeks, banging it up on occasion, and wishing, even praying, that the Gods would smile on me and let it accompany me home. Didn't happen.

- John

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
It seems like the low turn out may have been a communication issue. I spend an inordinate amount of time on this forum so maybe that's why I new about this from the beginning. Probably the best way to stay in the know about new stuff around here is to occasionally check out the Announcements sub-forum. That's how I found out about M14OTM. Also there, there's a thread on how to recommend members for awards.

Reactions: jmoore
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.