M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know how makes this stock. And this I don't know what to call it. It's not a flash hider or a supresser maybe a crowned sight. Are they both custom?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You

Do you know if it improves accuarcy, does it work like a crowned barrel?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Haven't used it, so I can not say as to accuracy.
I guess you could use it like a crowned barrel. If I was to do that I would get a thread protector and use that to give it a nice clean appearance.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You for the info.Going to be ordering one along with a thread cap I like the clean look as well.Will do a range report after the install and the weather here in NY breaks a little.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
There is a Wenig scope stock for sale now in the Commercial section below. The high profile and the grip cut look very similar. Could be one painted..........

·
"Death From Above"
11,641 Posts
The delta p design adapter is used with his supressor. However It utilizes 5/8x24 threads which enables you to screw on any muzzle device with the same threads using a crush washer. If you would like to see an example just take a look at my group buy called the JP/delta p comp in the group buy section of the forum. I personally am using three of them on three of my builds. Several other members of the forum that have participated in the last group buy are currently buying more on the current group buy. The difference between what I am doing and the typical install is I am having the comps indexed to the adapters so we don't have to use a crush washer. The adapters really don't serve any purpose as a stand alone unit. As I said Byron initially designed it for his supressor. It is made of hardened stainless steel and has a black oxide finish.

·
Registered
867 Posts
If you would excuse my unsolicited advice, get in on the group buy. It would suit your needs and it is seriously cool. I got in and I'm really happy with it.

Bob T

·
Registered
86 Posts

Anyone know how makes this stock. And this I don't know what to call it. It's not a flash hider or a supresser maybe a crowned sight. Are they both custom?

The bottom image is our M1A/M14 5/8-24 adapter.

Here is a link to the site:

http://www.deltapdesign.com/accessories-store/m14-muzzle-adapter

more images here:
http://www.deltapdesign.com/accessories-store/30-caliber-a2-flash-hider

and here:
http://www.deltapdesign.com/suppressors/brevis-7-62-suppressor

The barrel crown is not changed or affected by the adapter.

If we can be of any help, please feel free to PM me or contact me for assistance with your project.

http://www.deltapdesign.com/support

·
Registered
86 Posts
The delta p design adapter is used with his supressor. However It utilizes 5/8x24 threads which enables you to screw on any muzzle device with the same threads using a crush washer. If you would like to see an example just take a look at my group buy called the JP/delta p comp in the group buy section of the forum. I personally am using three of them on three of my builds. Several other members of the forum that have participated in the last group buy are currently buying more on the current group buy. The difference between what I am doing and the typical install is I am having the comps indexed to the adapters so we don't have to use a crush washer. The adapters really don't serve any purpose as a stand alone unit. As I said Byron initially designed it for his supressor. It is made of hardened stainless steel and has a black oxide finish.
82nd ABN:

The adapter by itself cures baldness and sleep apnea, enhances one's social life, and wards off evil spirits. Everyone should have one each for the home, car and office.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Made a similar flash hider to his M16 type. Used an old USGI standard weight match barrel:
1. shortened the barrel to 18.5 inches,
2. threaded it to1/2x28 to accept an M16 flash hider,
3. opened up the flash hider to use .30 caliber ammo,
4. turned down the rear of the flash hider to accept an HK G3 rifle front sight,
5. cut off the bottom loop of the front sight housing,
6. drilled three holes into the middle loop of the sight housing and through the rear of the flash hider,
7. threaded the holes for 1/4x20 set screws,
8. screwed the flash hider/front sight combo on the end of the barrel and secured it with the three set screws and Red Loctite.

Far better sight picture than the original M14 sight or the gas lock sights IMHO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts