M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a larger "bore store", rifle sock than Bore Store makes.
Bore store indicates they will make custom sizes but they haven't responded to my phone calls or emails.

I need something 47" long, 12" wide to hold my latest m25 rig in a JAE with large scope, mono pod, bipod.

Any other rifle stock vendors out there with large rifle socks or doing custom sizes?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks, so these are for rust protection but not physical bumping, or scratch protection
Rust, which I assumed was your concern. From home to range, I have a padded, heavy cotton canvas two rifle drag bag. For flying, a milspec Hardigg case. It doesn't get bumped or scratched in the safe.

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have bore stores for all my rifles and handguns. I like them a lot and prefer them because in addition to rust prevention they protect against knocks and dings.
I just can't get this last rifle in one and I have their largest one. I prefer to have them make a couple of custom size but I can't get them on stock the phone or email to ask.

It looks like there shotgun scoped store is 10x52 so that might give me the the extra room I need so I'll give it a try.

·
Forum Jester
8,380 Posts
for flying,find a good golf club hard case.less likely to steal clubs as a firearm case.you can pack clothes in it as extra padding , plus it has wheels

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
For flying I only used this, being a pelican it protects whats inside. You can throw it, jump on it, stack on it and without the keys to the TSA locks you can't get in it.

These represent thousands of dollars any other case just will not do.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
How does it prevent rust, I'm thinking because it doesn't trap moisture. What is the cost and are these considered best quality?

RenGI2

ps. I think that's a damn good idea, need to make more room in the safes or get another one.

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How does it prevent rust, I thinking because it doesn't trap moisture. What is the cost and are these considered best quality?

RenGI2
They are impregnated to prevent rust like many of similar technologies. Even if they weren't, I'd by them for their pile cushion to prevent dings in the safe or elsewhere.

Bore store has a website with all their prices , handguns sizes are 7-10, and rifle sizes around $14 so I consider them inexpensive.
Unless you got an armory like Art, that might add up. :)

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
They are impregnated to prevent rust like many of similar technologies. Even if they weren't, I'd by them for their pile cushion to prevent dings in the safe or elsewhere.

Bore store has a website with all their prices , handguns sizes are 7-10, and rifle sizes around $14 so I consider them inexpensive.
Unless you got an armory like Art, that might add up. :)
Thanks bud, I will check out the bore store.

Ren

ps. Sadly no, I only have four M14s.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I will be buying mine from the Bore Store, mom&pop operation and made entirely here in the good old USofA! and that includes materials.

Thanks Capona for putting me on to these guys.

REN

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You are welcome sir!
I hope to see many more Made in the USA shops popping up in the future.

as long as we are buying American I'll give you another.

If you ever want good rifle rests , and rear squeeze bags.
There is a nice gentlemen up in the Pacific Northwest that hand stitches great bags, and guarantees them for life. He ships them empty to save on costs. You fill them with the material you prefer.

Just google dog gone good as in the saying.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
+2 to thanks to Capona for the tip on these socks! I might just give them a try.

I've been using USGI wool scarfs for my rifles to keep from getting scratched and while they work OK for this they don't offer much in the way of hard bump protection and no anti-rust protection at all.

One question though...
I've never handled silicon impregnated socks and always wondered if you get silicon on your hands and on the weapon when using these things? This question isn't specific to the BoreStore product (although I'd like to hear about this too) but for all of these types of products.

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
+2 to thanks to Capona for the tip on these socks! I might just give them a try.

I've been using USGI wool scarfs for my rifles to keep from getting scratched and while they work OK for this they don't offer much in the way of hard bump protection and no anti-rust protection at all.

One question though...
I've never handled silicon impregnated socks and always wondered if you get silicon on your hands and on the weapon when using these things? This question isn't specific to the BoreStore product (although I'd like to hear about this too) but for all of these types of products.

There is no residue at all. You don't feel anything. It just wicks moisture away from the metal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.