M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"Death From Above"
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a Long Island (behind the iron curtain) transplant now living in Harrisburg. I have literally been here 1 year and one day as of yesterday. I was pleased the first time I went to the range and saw that evil bayonet lug and flash hider in the gun rack.

Does anyone belong to the Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association? I will more than likely be heading there tomorrow. If you do live in the area and your not a member its $120 a year and you have access to a 1K yard range

PS I can take one shooting guest

·
Registered
701 Posts
I am a Long Island (behind the iron curtain) transplant now living in Harrisburg. I have literally been here 1 year and one day as of yesterday. I was pleased the first time I went to the range and saw that evil bayonet lug and flash hider in the gun rack.

Does anyone belong to the Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association? I will more than likely be heading there tomorrow. If you do live in the area and your not a member its $120 a year and you have access to a 1K yard range

PS I can take one shooting guest
I'm not necessarily close at about 3 hours east of there, but please follow up on how you like the facility! It would be awesome to know there's something within driving distance I can actually have access to to stretch this thing out! I'm located in Phillipsburg/Easton Area

·
"Death From Above"
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not necessarily close at about 3 hours east of there, but please follow up on how you like the facility! It would be awesome to know there's something within driving distance I can actually have access to to stretch this thing out! I'm located in Phillipsburg/Easton Area
I have been going all summer. I joined in the early spring. It is pretty sweet. I will get some pictures up

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have been going all summer. I joined in the early spring. It is pretty sweet. I will get some pictures up
Awesome! It's much appreciated. I've literally Googled trying to find a place like this to no end. Don't think my socom will stretch to 1k but I'd like to certainly take it out to something well beyond the 100 and in I normally do.

·
"Death From Above"
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on your escape and welcome to PA!!!!

Nice range!!!

A little further west is Reade Range.
E targets for xtc, mid range, LR, and Palma.

Your club looks outstanding!!
Only problem is they do not host matches of any kind. I plan on checking out reed and new holland to shoot in some service rifle matches in the spring. It has been a few year so I know I am going to be rusty. You know what I don't care if the rust froze my joints lol I am going to shoot!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm a short hop East on 78, just past Hamburg. I do miss having access to a 1k range since I left AZ, best I could find near me is 300yds, that one looks to be only about 2 hrs drive.

Reactions: 82nd ABN

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah, kind of funny how some folks in PA think of 100yds as a rifle range. At least there are two 300yd ranges a good deal closer to you, I'm a member at both - Ontelaunee just NW of New Tripoli, and Hamburg Rifle and Pistol just N of Shartlesville on 78. I'm told that HR&P can and wants to extend to 400, but that plan is a bit down the road.

Reactions: 82nd ABN

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah, kind of funny how some folks in PA think of 100yds as a rifle range. At least there are two 300yd ranges a good deal closer to you, I'm a member at both - Ontelaunee just NW of New Tripoli, and Hamburg Rifle and Pistol just N of Shartlesville on 78. I'm told that HR&P can and wants to extend to 400, but that plan is a bit down the road.
I'm in NJ. It's worse on this side of the river. 100yds is great for zeroing, but it's not much of a challenge. I can park my .22lr into less than 2" at 100. I've been dying to get out farther with the m1a.

I have been eyeballing those ranges as well especially after a recent indecent at the range I frequent. I used to ride rodeo out at Shartlesville and Hamburg = cabelas so that's an easy ride on 78 for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in Danville pa ... I belong to the mainville sportsman club ... 300 yd range .. a lot of cowboy shoots .. and bench rests.... being a former army officer and Leo.. I can't hit a target over 25 yards away ...

·
"Death From Above"
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Planned on going wednesday but now I have a doc appointment in the early AM and a plumber coming over to cap off the shower in the basement in the afternoon. Its a rental house. If it were mine I would rip out whats there and start over. Never gets used anyway.

Probably going to go on Thursday if anyone wants to go send me a PM

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm in NJ. It's worse on this side of the river. 100yds is great for zeroing, but it's not much of a challenge. I can park my .22lr into less than 2" at 100. I've been dying to get out farther with the m1a.

I have been eyeballing those ranges as well especially after a recent indecent at the range I frequent. I used to ride rodeo out at Shartlesville and Hamburg = cabelas so that's an easy ride on 78 for me.

My experience at Ontelaunee, I tend to meet more members on that rifle range who live in NJ than PA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Selinsgrove here, Lewistown is less than an hour for me. Looked up the web site, looks nice. Just got my first M1A, will need a place to stretch it beyond the 200 yd at my local sportsman’s club eventually.

I actually work in Harrisburg. Welcome to PA!

·
Registered
196 Posts

I just remembered, the range in Palmerton PA also offers 300yds I believe, and thats a lot closer to Easton then the other two.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I just remembered, the range in Palmerton PA also offers 300yds I believe, and thats a lot closer to Easton then the other two.
Thanks. It's been a pain via Google unless I pretty much can direct search ranges by name, otherwise I get a broad and mostly vague set of results that are pretty much repetitive. I'm gonna look into these closer places as I'm itching to get back out past 100yds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts