M14 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hahahaha! I get that alot my friend. I worked really hard on that and am still pretty proud of it. No kidding, it took me several hours to get it perfect. LOL
PHALANX we were there at the same time.I remember the 1st infantry guys heading out as we were heading into IRAQ.Thanks for your service brother.As a guy once told me about the M14.(its easy to become obsessed with the rifle)Ill never forget that.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My youngest son spent more than a year in Mosul in the 2007-2008 time frame. He was the unit designated marksman and was issued a M4, M14, and a shotgun as well as having access to the Barrett 50. Most of the over watch/sniper work was done with the M14. I know of one shot he made a around 800 yards and several more in excess of 600 yards. However, most of his work was at 400 yards or less. This was using a conventionally stocked M14 with a scope but neither of us know if it was a NM rifle.

I joined him in Mosul for a few days and actually carried his M14 for a while when he was using something other than that one.

Nelson

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
We had 5 M14s in our company in Iraq in 05 also.They were all National match rifles.I have no idea where they came from.
From your State Rifle Association shooting teams, they collected all of them up and returned them to the Army.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The young man that I bought my Sage chassis from told me that it was his originally-issued chassis when he was in Afghanistan, and that when one of the side rails got bent they issued him a completely new chassis but did not require that the original one be turned back in. He brought it home and sold it to me at a fair market value. I changed out the bent rail for a new one and had the whole thing re-anodized in a burnt bronze. No documentation to back up the story, but it's the story I will stick with.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.