M14 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Well, I was in H "Hawk" troop 1st Cav at Fort Riley and the arms room received its m14. I was the troops Commo Guy and I walked into the arms room and low and behold there it was. The armorer was having problems dissembling the rifle. Told him to hand it too me and in a few seconds I had the trigger group, stock, oprod, and bolt out. I then proceeded to reassemble it and handed it back. So I had to show him again. I asked who's rifle is this. He said no ones. No one wanted it. I walked out and went straight to the XO and asked him who's rifle that m14 is. He said he does not know. I told him it's mine. He said we'll see. So a week later of me bugging him to death, he said headquarters platoon needed a DMR and said if I score expert at the range it's mine. We went to the range and I shot expert and got in line again and shot expert again to prove my point. I was assigned the rifle. We only had one magazine and I told him I would bring all of my mags and buy more if needed for a combat load. Well the story ends with after we had our CAV Ball my wife developed a severe problem with my 3 child pregnancy and she was told she and/or my son would die. My 1SG made sure I stayed home to help my wife. So I went back to the Commanding Generals Mounted Color Guard to ride horses and that is my extent of having a m14. The good news is I still have my wife and my son is now 11. Hurray

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.