M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, does anyone know an individual or shop that can weld unitize a couple USGI gas cylinders?

*I'm going with weld method b/c I need a functioning spindle valve for this build.

· Registered
784 Posts
Quick question, does anyone know an individual or shop that can weld unitize a couple USGI gas cylinders?

*I'm going with weld method b/c I need a functioning spindle valve for this build.
any reputable welding shop. Use TIG and low amps. C clamp cylinder/band and carefully slide both off barrel. Have welder use low amps to weld.

· Registered
5,867 Posts
I'm going off what I have read in previous threads.

Depending on whether or not you plan to use the rifle in competition will determine where the weld is placed.
Visible or hidden.

There are a few on this site that can do it.
I believe they use a jig to set the parts up.
Someone will chime in.

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, pm inbound for forceman

· Registered
1,102 Posts
I am interested in this mod as well - but moving, so it may be a couple of months. I like keeping the spindle valve working - might not want to leave your brass on the ground. And if you had any parachute flares..... CC

Reactions: Mikey

· Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanks, Ted!

· Registered
1,060 Posts
There are no restrictions on where the welds are done or whether they show. Both NRA and CMP allow welded gas cylinder unitizing and the government drawing 9352725 specifically calls for external welds.
I figured they’d get you on the external modification rule, having a government drawing is good, thanks Ted, now I can shoot my #2 gun with confidence at a cmp match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.