M14 Forum banner

Who can do glass bedding?

961 10
I would like to know of any one who knows any one who does good work on glass bedding for my m1a project i got going. It will be a rear lugged reciever, glass bedded on a synthetic stock..any one have any done with good results? I would apricate there name number and how much you paid and what you think about there work..any pros or cons and results thanks i appricate it yall
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Fella I knew who tried bedding a "usgi std synthetic" did not have too good of luck with it as the inerds had to be routed out to the point where the receiver walls are so thin it gets a bit touchy.

I have a bunch of fotos here some where showing where the bedding eventually came lose and fell out.

Now of course this was on a std usgi synthetic ...

Six

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
SixT brought up a good point. Thats why the match stocks are much heavier than the standard stock. Also the synthetic stock does not have the steel liner of the wood stocks. That part is also itself bedded on wood stocks. The heavier McMillan synthetic stocks are better for bedding.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,620 Posts
I'm sure if your stock is not a good canidate for bedding Tim will put you onto something that is. McMillan is a great stock but not the only game in town. I think you'll be happy with the work. Post some pic's when you get done :!:

·
Registered
42 Posts
duke nukem said:
Aftermarket stock are are not that expensive. After all, they are cheaper than a girl friend. Right guys?
Didn't Gene Simmons (KISS) once say it is cheaper to buy her a house than marry her. Charley Sheen always said the reason he used hookers was they were paid to go home afterward. [-X

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.