M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DON'T WANT to be blasphemous but I have tons of .308 ammo for my M1As and everything else.
I have had a couple of Garands over the years and like a dummy got rid of them...don't ask why, because I have no legitimate reason.

Want one to play with but don't want to have to start reloading in '06.
I know SA is building them, but don't know how well they are built and I figure if anyone knows someone building nice Garands in .308, this is the place to ask.

thanks

·
Registered
947 Posts
There's no real "build" involved, just the substitution of the proper barrel. Ron Smith performed this for my on my T26 (M1 Tanker) turning it into a T26E1 (7.62mm NATO), but anyone with the barrel and receiver blocks, and the ability to accuately index the barrel can to it.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes they do. I saw it on a post here just the other day, but I don't remember it. I will try to find a phone number. I remember that they are located in LaVergne, Tennessee. Try 615-793-4066 and try champchoice.com.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I tried a wilson and didn't have good luck. If it were me, I'd try a heavy douglas from champions choice and let them install it. You will need to send the barreled receiver, gas cyl, op rod, rear handguard and bolt. Good luck. You will love it.

Chuck says his was turned into a T26E1. Well I guess mine is a MK 2 Mod 1 then. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.