M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods, I am in no way affiliated with this seller,I am including the link for folks to inspect and comment on the receiver if anyone knows anything about them.Please don't remove.
That all said, has anyone heard of "Tactical Research Weapons" and know anything about their receivers?
GB item # 600047590

·
Premium Member
20,590 Posts
Mods, I am in no way affiliated with this seller,I am including the link for folks to inspect and comment on the receiver if anyone knows anything about them.Please don't remove.
That all said, has anyone heard of "Tactical Research Weapons" and know anything about their receivers?
GB item # 600047590
Just 7.62mm receivers moved from OHIO to FLA and changed his heel marking. Still the same Chris Thomas we all grew to be wary of in the past.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I heard enough about the 7.62 out of spec receivers and the basement quality of the customer service to stay way far away from this outfit

It's the unmarked parts throwing caution flags too
I noticed nothing from China has any markings on it either

Bula /Rockola or LRB for me thanks

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
So my question is that since TRW is no longer an independent company was Chris able to purchase or somehow legally acquire their old logo?

·
Forum Jester
8,250 Posts
DI5 well,only the lawyers for trw will know

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I really wish people would stop doing this, they are mucking up the history. Folks who aren't regulars in a group like this forum may be confused. There are already tons of people who think Springfield Armory Inc is Springfield Armory, and that M1As were USGI.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I guess my question needs to be rhetorical because only a corporate attorney would know as POLACK was alluding to.

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
Somehow I missed that thread.
It was closed because no one had any actual information on the receivers, just 3 pages of opinions on someones' past. It's like asking about the current Chevy Tahoe's and getting a lecture on the Tahoe's made 10 years ago. RNGR2

I see the same type of responses when someone asks about the quality of SEI parts. Instead of commenting on the parts' quality, they get 3 pages of dribble about the owner's phone etiquette or gunsmithing. RNGR2

·
Premium Member
8,668 Posts
It was closed because no one had any actual information on the receivers, just 3 pages of opinions on someones' past. It's like asking about the current Chevy Tahoe's and getting a lecture on the Tahoe's made 10 years ago. RNGR2

I see the same type of responses when someone asks about the quality of SEI parts. Instead of commenting on the parts' quality, they get 3 pages of dribble about the owner's phone etiquette or gunsmithing. RNGR2
KurtC

I understand how it might appear that way, but I have friends who were stiffed by this guy. They were sold receivers without op-rod rails and such, they were never made whole. So yes, I think this guy will get no slack and deserves none.

If you would like to go first buy one and report your findings...go for it. My goal here is to keep forum members from making the mistakes that others have already made.

Ren

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.