M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a barreled action. So far Iv identified LRB, SEI and Fulton Armory that sell barreled actions. Those vary from $1150 to $1700. Is there anyone else that sell this? Bula does not, I did contact them.

·
Premium Member
7,487 Posts
LRB and Fulton do sell barreled actions, SEI does not have receivers, so I don't believe they do. SEI will barrel it and headspace your bolt but you will need to provide the parts.

WHATTA HOBBY!
REN

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see now, SEI has it on their site, but there is no add to cart button anymore.

FA vs LRB is a difference of approximately $450.

Other option of course would be to buy them separately and either A: attempt it myself or B: send it to a gunsmith.

·
Premium Member
7,487 Posts
Building an M14 is not the same as building an AR15, it requires special tools and skills. LRB's receiver is forged and costs more to make than Fulton's receiver, both are quality receivers, and will build them correctly. You can contact SEI and see what they will charge to build it for you. If they do, you can buy one of their Crazy Horse barrels, they are excellent barrels.

After the action has been barreled you can complete the build yourself.

REN

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Building an M14 is not the same as building an AR15, it requires special tools and skills. LRB's receiver is forged and costs more to make than Fulton's receiver, both are quality receivers, and will build them correctly. You can contact SEI and see what they will charge to build it for you. If they do, you can buy one of their Crazy Horse barrels, they are excellent barrels.

After the action has been barreled you can complete the build yourself.

REN
That was the plan, buy a barreled receiver and build the rest from there. Sounds like it really comes down to LRB vs FA and a difference of approximately $450.

·
Registered
113 Posts
About 3 years ago I purchased an FA barreled action and one about 4 years before that. Both went together well and are accurate and reliable shooters. The B/A from 3 years ago was built up using one of the Dupage parts kits.

Currently I do not have enough parts to build a third rifle but if I did I'd stick with FA as both went together with no issues.

FA used to have 10% off sales on holiday occasions but are currently so booked with orders a sale is not likely anytime soon.

Rich

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input everyone! I think I’ll try to procure one from a builder and go from there. I just need to sell something first!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts