M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to build a long range rig. I've already bought all USGI & Sadlak parts, mainly off this forum and from Claude. Going to use a LRB M25 and either a Krieger or Criterion heavy contour barrel, I haven't purchased these yet because I might just buy them from the armorer that builds it for me. Main use will be shooting prone with a bipod long range.

I think my last major decision to make is which stock to use. Was thinking of either a JAE or walnut. I love wood but don't want to sacrifice any accuracy. Originally I was thinking a Law 483 pistol grip E2 stock but now am leaning towards their Hybrid enhanced standard walnut stock with the heavy forend with an adjustable cheek rest, bedded of course. I know the disadvantages of a bedded stock. Accuracy is my main concern. Can a bedded wood stock be as accurate as a JAE?

Thanks
Frank

· Premium Member
22,451 Posts
JAE is my choice. No need for lugs or bedding. I have a Kreiger heavy SS 1 in 11. GG&G bipod. Darn thing is heavy but will get the job done. You might also want to take a look at the 20moa rail for the M25 if you are going for very long range 800 to 1000.
Semper Fi

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

82nd, those are sweet, and they will beat the hell out of whoever is next to you. I didn't realize how much muzzle blast comes out the sides until I swapped rifles with a buddy and he shot my rifle next to me. You can use that to your advantage. GI1

I'm going to get the 20 moa base and try it. I've shot my M21 to 1200 yards, (about 52 moa of elevation with a 100 yard zero) without a sloped base, I have about 116 moa of total elevation adjustment on my NF, 63 moa of up elevation, and I probably will get a NF for this rifle also. I only need 35 moa at 1000 yards, but I will get the 20 moa base just in case.

I want heavy, easier to stay on target at distance.

So no love for wood?

JAE is my choice. No need for lugs or bedding. I have a Kreiger heavy SS 1 in 11. GG&G bipod. Darn thing is heavy but will get the job done. You might also want to take a look at the 20moa rail for the M25 if you are going for very long range 800 to 1000.
Semper Fi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.