M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a scope mount and would like to know if there is any real difference between the 3 Sadlak Scope Mounts besides material used, I would like to be able to keep it near zeroed after the scope is removed and re-installed. I have read a few reviews on site and I know that even though there a few years old the info is still valid.

Midway link

brains tired so may have missed something

Tekno

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
As far as differences, I believe only material and thus weight and look on the Sadlak mounts.

To remove and reinstall the scope, maybe look at quality locking rings like the ARMS 22.

·
Super Moderator
11,382 Posts
The Bassett is the undisputed king of quick on/off repeatable zero scope mounts. I direct people to Sadlak when they want a more long-term and semi-permanent mounting solution. The Sadlak is a good mount. Make sure you get a good cheek rest.

Tony.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Bassett mount was my first choice. But knowing that Mr Bassett passed away and that his family was working on the existing orders I didn't know how long it would be before my order was filled.

·
Registered
431 Posts
+1 on all of the previous comments on the Bassett. If being able to rmove and replace the scope and mount then the Bassett will be worth the wait.

I'm thinking real serious about getting on of the low picatinny mounts for a low power scope or red dot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went with the smith enterprises mount with a straight P. rail. I bought the airborne sadlak mount and liked it but every time I tried to install it the mount was off a bit. I called sadlak and they couldn't figure it out either. I then purchased the smith enterprises and the gun is deadly. We were shooting last week 500 yards will no problems. I think smith or sadlak would be good. Sadlak customer service was awesome but the gun just didn't like the mount I guess.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I have 2 Titanium Sadlaks, 2 split rail ARMS #18, an original Brookfield Precision Tool mount, and an alumium SAI. The Ti. Sadlaks have been flawless and look great, the ARMS 18's have been reliable so far "not shot with much yet though" and do not look as refined as the Sadlaks or BPT. The aluminum SAI was fine for the year I used it, but some have had issues with them. My BPT mount is still in the bag, I have not had a chance to use it but they have a stellar reputation.
If I needed another, I would get another Sadlak, or possibly a Brookfield. The ARMS #18s are nice and low, but some have had ejection issues with them being so low. That issue is fixable though.
Today, we have several well made mounts to choose from, unlike years past. Sadlak, ARMS, the Fulton clone of the BPT mount, Basset, are all mounts that I would recommend. The Sadlak is My #1 choice.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Any votes out there for the Fulton DMR Brookfield mount? For those in the know, what is the weight difference between the Fulton and Sadlak steel mounts? Does it allow the scope sight line to be any lower (with similar scope rings)? And why need to remove the entire mount if you can still use the irons without doing so?

I've got the Fulton and it's solid as rock, and all I need do is remove the cheek riser to shoot irons, don't even need to remove the scope.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no real reason - just in case there is a need.

Any votes out there for the Fulton DMR Brookfield mount? For those in the know, what is the weight difference between the Fulton and Sadlak steel mounts? Does it allow the scope sight line to be any lower (with similar scope rings)? And why need to remove the entire mount if you can still use the irons without doing so?

I've got the Fulton and it's solid as rock, and all I need do is remove the cheek riser to shoot irons, don't even need to remove the scope.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I don't know the wrights of the Fulton mounts but these are the weights of our Sadlak Mounts

Aluminum 4.7 oz
Titanium 7.4 oz
Airborne (Steel) 9.2 oz
Steel (Standard) 11.2 oz

Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions

Sadlak Industries
860-742-0227 Ext 14
[email protected] (Dee, Roger or John)
or PM me here RightHand (Dee)

I am glad you posted the weights. I was curious about the difference in the Titanium and the Airborne mounts as to which was lighter. Just curious, could a lightened Titanium be done like the Airborne model? That would be AWESOME "in my opinion". Maybe as a custom job?

Thanks for going above and beyond the rest with your customer service. The quality of Sadlak mounts speaks for itself, but your CS puts most others to shame.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I understand you're asking about the Sadlak Mounts
BUT, As stated above;
The Bassett Picatinny Mount is an outstanding System
My M1A-ArchAngel with the Bassett High Pic Mount
Burris, Low Xtreme Rings
Mounting a 56mm OL Scope

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.