M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sadlak mount on a SA loaded and a 6X20X56 Springfield scope.
Which rings do you recommend ?
I am thinking Badger or Smith Enterprise ,any pros or cons of these and what height rings would you use.
Price is bot an issue , I just want something that is very good .

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I am thinking Badger or Smith Enterprise ,any pros or cons of these and what height rings would you use.

You can look at the TPS rings also. Seem to be a little cheaper, but are very well made. I had two sets of these on rifles, and am very well satisfied. If the Sadlak mount has the see-thru channel so you can use the irons, you will probably need a High set of rings with the scopes 56mm objective. dozier

·
Registered
622 Posts
Between the two listed I would go with Badger. If you want other options, I second the TPS rings. I have two sets and so far am very impressed overall. Make sure you get the steel rings though problems have been reported with the aluminum models. Seekins precision is another well made ring that is recommended. I think you can make medium rings work with no issues. The Sadlak gives alot of clearance. I use the TPS low with a 44mm and still have plenty of ground clearance.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I have the TPS TSR aluminum rings, very well made but watch the cross bolts as they may rotate while torquing the nuts down. I also bought their 1/2" nuts to replace the 7/16" nuts to make them more "standard".

That said, if Badger Ordnance ever makes 35mm rings in a height I can use I'll be all over them. In the meantime the TPS TSR rings are about as close as I can get to them for about 3/5's the cost.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Smith makes great hardened rings!!! ONLY buy them from Brownell's!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts