M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a lot of reading and I think I found what I need. The Bushnell is already on the way, and I will be ordering the ARMS18 mount shortly. So last of all are the rings: I was thinking of going with Burris 1" Xtreme Tactical Picatinny. But should I get them in low, medium, or high? I read a couple of threads where people used medium - is that the optimal height?

This will be my first scope, so I'm still learning, researching, and pondering. GI5

·
Registered
622 Posts
I can highly recommend TPS steel rings. I have two sets and have been very pleased with them. I have also had very good experiences with Warne rings. As for height it is difficult to be for certain. With the Arms mount, your height wil be low which is a good thing. But if your rings are too low and your scopes eye piece is too large in diameter you can run into issues with the rear sight on the M1A. Personally I'd try lows first, if they don't work send 'em back and get mediums. I think mediums are always a safe bet. You may want to reconsider the Burris Xtremes, they are very large and won't leave much room for adjusting your eye relief, as is the Arms mount isn't very long.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The "high" 1in PRW rings are actually pretty low (the med will NOT work unless you remove the rear sight aperture), i have just under 1/8in clearance between the scope & the rear sight - Cheek weld is fine unless your gonna be behind the stock all day, after about 6hrs of shooting it starts to wear on my neck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.