M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Springfield Standard Loaded M1A. I want to get a new scope mount for it and I need help deciding which one to get.
I am looking at either a Smith #2006 or an A.R.M.S. #18. Which one of these mounts will fit the SA receiver the best?
I like the low profile of the A.R.M.S mount and the cam system of the Smith mount.
Thank you all in advance, Phessor 8)

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Phessor:

Welcome Aboard! As for a mount there seems to be quite a few options nowadays... The Smith and ARMS both have good reviews, and Sadlak has just come out with a Titanium one...

I have not had an opportunity to try a Smith or Sadlak unit, but I do have quite a few ARMS #18 mounts (old and new). I really like the ARMS mount which will permanently stay on its assisgned rifle and looks good there. I have not had any problems mounting the ARMS mount on pre-ban or post-ban M14 type rifles and I have them mounted on SA's, a Armscorp and a Poly.

I am sure whichever way you go, you will have good performance.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone used the Smith non-see thru mount? I have a chance to pick one up. I would rather have the see thru style, but this is a good deal. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you, Phessor 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.