M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Bungee type

They are easier for me to manipulate. I have learned when I'm reaching for a new mag many other things are going on.

Also velcro is loud

Now if your going to be climbing or scraping your torso on rocks and need the added protection. Then you may want the velcro flap type.

Disclaimer:

My expierience with mag pouches is limited to tactical rifle matches. Maybe someone who has used that gear on a two way range will chime in.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Don't remember which pouches I bought, however, I looked at a lot of reviews on the all Different pouches. the reviews are the tell tail; ie to tight, to load, to much money ect. I did buy double pouches, two (2) mags in each.

MOLON LABE

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm a huge fan of KYWI or Taco pouches for my M4 kit. Never had an issue with mvmt under fire, never had one fall out and they're easily manipulated. A bit pricey would be my only negative.

For pistol mags, I love the TT Magna mag line. The magnets they use are top notch and I have several configs for both mags or tools (flashlight, gerber, etc).

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
The ones with elastic cord will be the easiest to repair.

Velcro wears out, and those clips would be a PITA to exchange.

Just food for thought.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If I wanted to carry 6 or 12 mags #1, if I wanted to jump out of airplanes #2, if I wanted quick access #3. And mixing is acceptable a 3 mag shingle and extras in flapped pouches for example. I also like the HSGI Tacos, adjustable to work good with both 5.56 or 7.62 mags. They are not so hot with AK mags as that long heavy mag tends to pull away from the body. But for switching load out from AR to M14, SR25 etc I have not found anything that works better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts