M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide me the differences between the standard LRB receiver and their real lug receiver?

Does the rear lug receiver offer superior accuracy between the two?

I already ordered a standard but should I change the order?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
JMO, but with the newer bedding materials available, a standard receiver will hold it's bed just fine. You high master shooters out there may want the rear lug. Unfortunately I ain't one of them & don't see it in the immediate future. I can still out-shoot the average schmo at the range though 8) .

·
Registered
824 Posts
Depends on What Level Of Shooting You Do.

IF you are not going to shoot hipower competition I see no need for a rear lugged receiver. With the correct stock in terms of fit or as the previous poster stated there are a good number of excellent beeding compounds to use. Go with the LRB the best receiver out there. Yes I know the SA Inc guys have M!As that have served them very well but I have never heard of the severity of defects with SA Inc found with LRBs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Depends on What Level Of Shooting You Do.

bluedsteelnwood said:
IF you are not going to shoot hipower competition I see no need for a rear lugged receiver. With the correct stock in terms of fit or as the previous poster stated there are a good number of excellent beeding compounds to use. Go with the LRB the best receiver out there. Yes I know the SA Inc guys have M!As that have served them very well but I have never heard of the severity of defects with SA Inc found with LRBs.
So does that mean that the rear lug offers better accuracy? What is the benefit of using the rear lug receiver in the highpower competition as opposed to the standard?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
365 Posts
most - if not all - match rifles are bedded, which tightens the stock to receiver fit. Match rifles also often use oversized stocks to increase mass and strength.

When a rear-lug is used, the stock in the area of the lug must be removed. A tight fit is desireable, and then bedding compound is used in addition to a standard bedding procedure.

If a rear lug is not bedded, it serves no purpose.

Sometimes rear-lugs are also bolted, further improving strength and reduced receiver movement - which can change POA/POI.

Remember, stocks for rear-lug receivers require custom fitting, so you become limited to basically one stock.

I went with the standard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.