M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Jerry K shop manuel. I have the last Steel warrior. I have Scott Duff M14 book. Always wanted to get one put together by Different... I went to Lulu.com and saw there are different volumes. I cant' afford to get just one... What is the recommendations ...Thanks WARDAWG

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't have copies of my own, but have had the opportunity to puruse those of others. It is VERY detailed.

Here is a basic breakdown of the volumes (with pictures) in the Fifth Edition:

Volume 1 - The Military M14, 216 pages

Volume 2 - The Commercial M14, 120 pages

Volume 3 - M14 Parts and Accessories, 256 pages

Volume 4 - M14 data tables, 284 pages

If you don't need the pictures (I do), there is a text only edition for around $39.00. Or if you have adequate memory, you can download the ebook of the text only for $5.00.

Rumor has it that a member here, Different, may have some insight into the author....:ARM11:

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
If you don't need the pictures (I do), there is a text only edition for around $39.00.

Rumor has it that a member here, Different, may have some insight into the author....:ARM11:
'tis true, I visit occasionally. GI2

M14 Rifle History and Development Text Only Edition has all of the content of the Fifth Edition but no photographs or illustrations. It (Text Only Edition) is 700 pages. The Fifth Edition has more pages because of the 350 plus color photographs and illustrations. Yes, I'm familiar with the author as he and I are one and the same. ICONLOL

FYI, before anyone accuses me of self-promoting without being a paid advertiser, I assure you, you could not buy a Starbucks coffee with the profit for what my books are priced at. And that is before taxes. The research costs more than what little I get from the books. I still have a day job.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll look at the fith edition... I like pictures... Ive read about everything I can on the M14. Evevn if Im reading what another book already stated is cool to me. I try to absorb as much as I can..... Thanks Wardawg

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Different I just went to LuLu.om and I see three different 5th editions. Volume 1,2,and 3 ... But didn't see one listed with" The Fifth Edition has more pages because of the 350 plus color photographs and illustrations. "
Which fith edtion volume are we speaking of ??????Thanks WarDawg

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Different I just went to LuLu.om and I see three different 5th editions. Volume 1,2,and 3 ... But didn't see one listed with" The Fifth Edition has more pages because of the 350 plus color photographs and illustrations. "
Which fith edtion volume are we speaking of ??????Thanks WarDawg
Here is a basic breakdown of the volumes in the Fifth Edition:

Volume 1 - The Military M14, 216 pages with pictures

Volume 2 - The Commercial M14, 120 pages with pictures

Volume 3 - M14 Parts and Accessories, 256 pages with pictures

Volume 4 - M14 data tables, 284 pages, no pictures

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,725 Posts
Lee Emerson's M14 RIFLE HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT is probably the most complete in depth study of the M14 rifle and it's clones available. It contains more information than you ever thought you needed to know. I highly recommend it.

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
What does a fella have to order get to get the latest edition and all of the content with the pictures. I mean how many different books are out that you need to order to have the full set.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
What does a fella have to order get to get the latest edition and all of the content with the pictures. I mean how many different books are out that you need to order to have the full set.
Four books:

1) Fifth Edition Volume 1
2) Fifth Edition Volume 2
3) Fifth Edition Volume 3
4) Fifth Edition Volume 4

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm keeping my signed First Edition as my retirement when Lee finally achieves the fame he so justly deserves.

Some day I'll probably buy the whole 5th Edition just because it's cool and has pictures.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
At milsurps.com(I think that's it, I'm at work and can get on it) there is a free PDF file download of the first edition. I've got it downloaded to my computer. Excellent read(no pictures).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.