M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an active Bullseye shooter but brand new to the world of the M1A. I would like to try high power matches.
I just picked up my new standard SA and have a limited time to order at a discount from their list of accessories.
I need your help to accelerate my learning curve. What should I purchase now within a $200 to $300 budget?

·
Banned
611 Posts
Things you NEED are a good cleaning rod, combo tool, chamber brush, gas cylinder wrench and piston cleaner. Those will get you started and will really be all you need for a while. There's lot's of other nice to have things but this is what you need.
OH I'd throw in the book by scott duff too. That will tell you everything you need to know about it.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Butch,

I don't remember too much of what SA offered on their "NEW" rifle offer... but you might want to consider a leather sling. Depending on your M1A model, maybe NM sights if offered?

As Dan already suggested, cleaning gear. The M1A uses a special gas cylinder wrench to remove the gas cylinder plug. I don't know if SA offers it but some kind of chamber or bolt "hold open" device, which also aids cleaning and protects the bolt.

What kind of M1A did you get? And, what kind of things did you see on the list that interested you? But the above is some of the basics on what might have been offered by SA on their "new gun" coupon.

Aloha and Best of Luck,

Tom O.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
ammo, mags, targets, a bolt rebuild kit, ammo, mags,NM sights, ammo, a good cleaning kit, and lastly ammo
Thats' about it, oh shoot, I almost forgot ammo and mags :D :lol: 8)
In all seriousness, there's not a lot of accessories needed for the M1A/M14 clones
Good luck with your purchase

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.