M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a thread a while back about which 1911 I should buy. 5 Pages of responses and a lot of rabbit trails later I chose the SAI loaded. I don't like it....I love it. I have shot a few of my friends 9's a couple of 40's but never a 1911. I don't care what other people like, my handgun of choice is the 1911. Balanced so it doesn't jump in the air when you shoot it, reasonably accurate, big boom, the only problem is I go through a lot of rounds. I took 2 boxes to the range to try it out, and what seemed like only minutes later they were all gone. I felt like a shamed dieter..did I just eat that whole cake? Anyway thank you for all of your help and I have already started to rat-hole money for my next one.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
103 years and nothing even gets close!

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Very nice, now your first mod should be off to the Springfield Custom Shop to have the front strap checkered.

Reactions: DNAgent

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
103 years and nothing even gets close!
I know right, growing up we had 3 or 4 revolvers, and 1 semi-auto 22. After I got married I bought a cheap 45 (which hurts my hand to shoot). I mentioned earlier that shooting my friends Glocks, 9's etc just turned me off of pistols. I had always wanted a 1911 and after reading several posts on this forum, and my wifes guilt for taking a trip to Itally I thought what the hell, and now I am hooked. I also like the reasonable ease to reload which is good because I shoot a lot more rounds ;)

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,460 Posts
Nice pistol! SAI makes great pistols for the money. I agree with Hgunner, the frontstrap checkering makes handling much more positive, I made sure all mine had it when I traded up my 1911s recently.
m14brian

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the range officer in 45 and love it the best shooting pistol I have, qualified with it when I became a police officer.the young guys made fun of my old school gun until we were done,I was fist 236 out of 240.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Very nice, now your first mod should be off to the Springfield Custom Shop to have the front strap checkered.
If you don't want to have the front strap checkered, my mc operator came with pachymar wraparound grips that a lot of people call ugly, but they give a very positive grip, especially with wet/sweaty hands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts