M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Im new to the M1a game and have always wanted to assemble an EBR/EMR. Looking and starting to gather parts for my walnut scout squad it looks like the standard sage top cover will interfere with scope mounts such as sadlak or basset. I found on sages website a PN90990 for a smith top but looking online they seem to be non existent. Are these still in production? Or is my best option to buy from Fulton ( they offer a black chassis premilled) or buy a standard and have it milled and cerakoted?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe try the A.R.M.S. #18 mount--I have the older version (split Weaver rail) and it works great with my EBR stock (though my EBR is also a pre-patent/pre-chop mod). Only bad thing is to take it apart you have to have QD scope rings or get a scope with a smaller objective lens--mine has a 32).

·
Registered
16 Posts
try UStacticalsupply.com they are an authorized sage distributor and have what you are looking for. I've bought from them and they are great to deal with

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
when using most any scope mount that extends in front of the receiver, the SAGE rail will require modification. It's simply a mater of removing the Picatinny rib at the rear of the rail.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sage also offers a cantilevered scope mount for their EBR rifles. This should fit in the chassis without any mods.

Nelson

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
try UStacticalsupply.com they are an authorized sage distributor and have what you are looking for. I've bought from them and they are great to deal with
I did see they offered it but currently only for medium profile barrels. Hopefully once things start getting back to normal the standard barrel version will be available

·
Registered
169 Posts
I did see they offered it but currently only for medium profile barrels. Hopefully once things start getting back to normal the standard barrel version will be available
There isn't a standard version. The medium fits both standard and medium weight barrel profiles. I have both covers, one being the Smith cut, and they are interchangeable and fit perfectly between my medium and standard weight rifles. Sage also makes a size for a heavy barrel that comes on the heavy barrel chassis systems.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sadlak had an abbreviated mount that they sold me that was shortened to work with the sage top rail without having to trim the top.

Give them a call and see if they have any kicking around. It wasn’t listed when I asked for one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts