M14 Forum banner

Where to buy powder...

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  sfoxwell 
#1 ·
I'm getting my ducks in a row for reloading and wondering if there's any "insider" info on the best places to get powder?
TIA

#8 ·
Bruno's Shooter's Supply seems to have reloading powders in stock more so than most other popular sites.... Not saying that they ahve everything available by any stretch of the imagination, but as of yesterday they had H4895 and 4064 in stock......
Yes, Bruno's has powder in stock, but $36.95 for a pound of IMR 4064 or H4895 seems pricey to me. GI3

Just my opinion.

Regards,
D1

#7 ·
I used to buy a fair quantity online to offset the hazmat but this has been near impossible as most of the usual (Powder Valley, Weidner, etc) do not have enough in inventory to buy 4 or 5 different powders and primers at the same time. Gun shows are still riduculous on pricing as a few of the LGS.

My best source has been my local gun club and usually will beat Powder Valley. Usually have fairly good selection. Bought 1# Auto comp $27 and 8# 4064 ~$170 last Saturday. Gun show that morning was typically ~$38 and $210. Tax was just another 6 3/4%. Gun club tries to do a service for members and spread hazmat over fairly large order. They will even take your wish list and see if their supplier has it in stock whenever they order.

#14 ·
Good sites.

If you register for notify me when in stock. You need to buy the second you recieve the email.

As for starting to reload them ducks don't ever line up. You'll always be needing new stuff here and there. Jump in now!

#17 ·
I notice you are in NE TN, close to Wideners Reloading and Shooting Supply, Johnson City. This weekend they have IMR 4895 in 1lb and 8lb. If you are into 7.62 x 51 or .308 cal 168 OTM reloading, they have Nosler Match Grade OTMs for .2375 / rd. at 1000ct.

They have a walk-in store for locals open 3-5 on Tu & Th. Walk-ins pay TN tax of 10% but no shipping / handling / hazmat. Walk-in store also has small quantities (not sufficient for justifying online sales) of some items. You typically order online and sked a local pickup, two to five days out.

#18 ·
Wanted to follow up on this...gunbot has been very helpful and have been able to find just about everything I was looking for. Of course, I'm broke, now...

Thanks again for all the great suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.