M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my ducks in a row for reloading and wondering if there's any "insider" info on the best places to get powder?
TIA

·
Registered
510 Posts
Bruno's Shooter's Supply seems to have reloading powders in stock more so than most other popular sites.... Not saying that they have everything available by any stretch of the imagination, but as of yesterday they had H4895 and 4064 in stock......

·
Registered
696 Posts
I used to buy a fair quantity online to offset the hazmat but this has been near impossible as most of the usual (Powder Valley, Weidner, etc) do not have enough in inventory to buy 4 or 5 different powders and primers at the same time. Gun shows are still riduculous on pricing as a few of the LGS.

My best source has been my local gun club and usually will beat Powder Valley. Usually have fairly good selection. Bought 1# Auto comp $27 and 8# 4064 ~$170 last Saturday. Gun show that morning was typically ~$38 and $210. Tax was just another 6 3/4%. Gun club tries to do a service for members and spread hazmat over fairly large order. They will even take your wish list and see if their supplier has it in stock whenever they order.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Bruno's Shooter's Supply seems to have reloading powders in stock more so than most other popular sites.... Not saying that they ahve everything available by any stretch of the imagination, but as of yesterday they had H4895 and 4064 in stock......
Yes, Bruno's has powder in stock, but $36.95 for a pound of IMR 4064 or H4895 seems pricey to me. GI3

Just my opinion.

Regards,
D1

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Yes, Bruno's has powder in stock, but $36.95 for a pound of IMR 4064 or H4895 seems pricey to me. GI3

Just my opinion.

Regards,
D1
Yeah, If things keep heading that way reloading will become a thing of the past. Not many people will pay that price when they can buy loaded ammo way cheaper.

Glad I stocked up years back. I got enough to last me 2-3 more years of solid shooting.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yeah, If things keep heading that way reloading will become a thing of the past. Not many people will pay that price when they can buy loaded ammo way cheaper.

Glad I stocked up years back. I got enough to last me 2-3 more years of solid shooting.
I know, I bought 8 pounds at that price. However, when they have 8# jugs, they seem to be much more reasonably priced. At this point, I would "almost" pay that for some Unique, or Power Pistol, or Zip, or, or, or....... Luckily, I can load several of my pistol calibers with Blue Dot or W296......

·
Registered
385 Posts
oh another note... i use third generation shooting supply because they are up to date on how many containers they have at any given time. just remember to act accordingly, You will literally watch it count down...

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Good sites.

If you register for notify me when in stock. You need to buy the second you recieve the email.

As for starting to reload them ducks don't ever line up. You'll always be needing new stuff here and there. Jump in now!

·
Registered
172 Posts
track powdervalleyinc.com. I have used them for years and they have pretty regular shipments in at good prices.

I am friends with them on facebook and I get updates when they have stock inbound.

wideners and natchezss have also been good to me in the past.

G/L
Ha - for extra bonus points make sure to setup facebook to text you on your cell when they post updates =)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm getting my ducks in a row for reloading and wondering if there's any "insider" info on the best places to get powder?
TIA
I notice you are in NE TN, close to Wideners Reloading and Shooting Supply, Johnson City. This weekend they have IMR 4895 in 1lb and 8lb. If you are into 7.62 x 51 or .308 cal 168 OTM reloading, they have Nosler Match Grade OTMs for .2375 / rd. at 1000ct.

They have a walk-in store for locals open 3-5 on Tu & Th. Walk-ins pay TN tax of 10% but no shipping / handling / hazmat. Walk-in store also has small quantities (not sufficient for justifying online sales) of some items. You typically order online and sked a local pickup, two to five days out.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wanted to follow up on this...gunbot has been very helpful and have been able to find just about everything I was looking for. Of course, I'm broke, now...

Thanks again for all the great suggestions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts