M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is more about low serial number M1As because i am pretty sure they were sold as receivers only. Does anyone have info on these serial numbers? I know where serial number 99 is and Different has it on the list. By the way what does NLT mean? The 99 is a built out rifle from a gunsmith in Ohio. I have seen the receipt dated 1972. Seems to be unfired since built in 72. I also know where 94 is however the 94 does not enter into this story. The best i can remember about the story i heard was 5 guys went in and bought 5 receivers in or around 1972 in Ohio and had the receivers built into rifles by a gunsmith. One being a scout type. One was destroyed by hot ammo not knowing if that was the scout model or one of the others.
Does anyone have any info about this?

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
M1A serial number 000094 was built as a complete rifle by L H Gun Company. Agreed, serial number 000099 was sold as a bare receiver then built into a rifle by an Ohio gunsmith in 1972. I have no information on serial numbers 000095 through 000098 other than they were likely available for sale by the L H Gun Company in January or February 1972.

NLT is the military acronym for "no later than."

·
Banned
36 Posts
This post is more about low serial number M1As because i am pretty sure they were sold as receivers only. Does anyone have info on these serial numbers? I know where serial number 99 is and Different has it on the list. By the way what does NLT mean? The 99 is a built out rifle from a gunsmith in Ohio. I have seen the receipt dated 1972. Seems to be unfired since built in 72. I also know where 94 is however the 94 does not enter into this story. The best i can remember about the story i heard was 5 guys went in and bought 5 receivers in or around 1972 in Ohio and had the receivers built into rifles by a gunsmith. One being a scout type. One was destroyed by hot ammo not knowing if that was the scout model or one of the others.
I have a serial number 000080 m1a

·
Registered
2,416 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Do you have pictures of barrel markings, serial #?
I own the rifle. Spring field has not responded yet. I purchased it recently. I’ll attach some pics

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.