M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So wonders the Huffington Post.

Last Saturday, unarmed citizen Michael Brown was gunned down by the police. You would think that conservative gun groups like the NRA or the GOA would be rallying around the Brown family, and demand justice.

But they haven't even mentioned such an event.

The shooting, which took place in a St. Louis Missouri suburb known as Ferguson, has received plenty of media attention, as Brown was gunned down. There are so many angles that gun groups could take. They could condemn the police for killing an unarmed citizen. They could insist that citizens should arm themselves for protection against the government (police).

But they didn't use either of these arguments...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-...of-a_b_5677182.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

It seems like the NRA and GOA are damned if they do, damned if they don't. When those groups do argue for protection against the government, they are right wing extremists. When they don't, they are "shocked" into silence or looking the other way. Even the POtuS is calling for a transparent investigation while the gun grabbers seem to know exactly what happened already. I'm sure the NRA and GOA are waiting for the whole story, but IMO, they don't need to say a damn thing. The gun grabbers insist that only the police should have guns. If this incident went down the way they say it did, their ire should be pointed at the government they implicitly trust, not the NRA and GOA.

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
It's not the NRA's place to weigh in. That journalist is trying to start trouble obviously. The NRA advocates gun ownership and for self defense. I think that self defense against police is not a topic that can't be discussed easily by the NRA. Imagine a scenario where a citizen pulls out a gun to defend against an officer that just stopped him on the street for something. I think the NRA can talk about leveling the playing field between citizens and a criminal but not against police. It would sound incite full as well hard to grasp because our society is conditioned to allow police to walk around us already in a more defensive posture because they are supposed to be the good guys. Also the NRA needs to tread lightly as they have a lot of out reach to the LE community.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I am in agreement that this is a police matter. They've got their hands full dealing with the aftermath of that incident and I'm sure it'll continue for a while. Transparent investigation, like the white house understands the real meaning of that term......

·
Registered
547 Posts
I agree with above posts. The NRA is primarily about defending a constitutional right (2nd) like the ACLU is about the 1st amendment. Neither should be involved since from what I understand the unfortunate victim was not engaged in exercising either of these protected rights...

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
I can't take those people in that city who are protesting over this shooting serious because they are trying to burn down the entire town destroy local business and steal from them.
The police in that city need our support. This is Trayvon martin all over again. They are mad because a white guy killed a black guy. Any chance they get to push this race agenda they take it. Why don't they all riot over the black on black killings that happened in Chicago every day? Because it doesn't fit there agenda. Al sharpton makes me vomit.
The world is burning and obummer is on vacation.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also from the article:

Conservatives are always looking for ways to reach out to the African American community. This is one area that should be pursued, but is being ignored for some reason.
Yet, the Huffington Post bashes the NRA for "pandering to minorities" when it made Colion Noir one of its commentators, as well as criticizing Noir as "pushing the 'good guy with a gun' myth". The hypocrisy is palpable. Pure trolling.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
"A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep."

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I hate the Huffington post.

They are a stupid web blog that blew up due to Internet traffic. Half the stuff they print is total BS.

If they are so ignorant that they don't know that the NRA would get blasted for making virtually any statement in this situation further proves that the huffpost is a smoke blowing rag tabloid.

The ads on their Website are the same virus laden links that exist on totally fake websites.

I am still complete flabbergasted anytime I see "huffpost" referred to as any type of news organization.

I would not object to the NRA buying out huffpost and firing everyone.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I hate the Huffington post.

They are a stupid web blog that blew up due to Internet traffic. Half the stuff they print is total BS.

If they are so ignorant that they don't know that the NRA would get blasted for making virtually any statement in this situation further proves that the huffpost is a smoke blowing rag tabloid.

The ads on their Website are the same virus laden links that exist on totally fake websites.

I am still complete flabbergasted anytime I see "huffpost" referred to as any type of news organization.

I hope they go out of business.

+1 The Huffington Post has an EXTREME liberal bias, half their news articles read like editorials.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
+1 The Huffington Post has an EXTREME liberal bias, half their news articles read like editorials.
There we go again.

This is not a news organization. This is a bunch of two bit bloggers that copy paste news stories into their opinionated tripe

I'll comment that if the officer was scared for his life and he used deadly force when there was no real threat... He should not go to jail but should lose his badge.

However as a gun owner we must not fall into the trap that shooting an an unarmed man is wrong.

The only unarmed men are double amputees.

A strong man can easily kill with his hands.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is anyone 100% sure that the officer involved was white (vs. black)? I ask because city demographics seem pretty equally split so thought maybe their ~50 or so officers would be too.
The identity of the officer hasn't been released but I did catch the racial breakdown of Ferguson officers:

White 43
Latino 4
Pacific Islander 3
Black 3

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Quote: Conservatives are always looking for ways to reach out to the African American community. This is one area that should be pursued, but is being ignored for some reason.

The very act of 'reaching out' implies prejudice. The assumptions by those 'reaching out' are that the reachees are of a substandard class, are incapable of taking care of themselves, are borderline ignorant, the two groups have absolutely nothing in common, and we don't associate enough that we know how to speak with one another....etc.

Chaps my heinie every time I hear some pompus butt-wipe use the phrase 'we must reach out to....'.

Sorry, just a bit grumpy this afternoon.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
This is what the anti-gun sites do...I have seen several of these "articles" over the last couple of days. They are changing tactics on us again...

They do this to try and bait the pro-gun groups and commenters into an argument so the
anti's can "prove" our position is wrong.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.