M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Everyone is waiting for a update on the stuck boresnake in his poodle shooter barrel. Its killing me is all........
"Everyone," huh? ;)

I'd imagine he got it fixed otherwise we'd hear about it with requests for alternative ideas. But now I'm curious. Lennyo, what's the situation?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I really should have posted on a different section of the forum. I never go to that forum.

Soaking it in CLP did nothing. In fact the CLP didn't even soak. I poured some into the chamber and 3 weeks later the level never went down. Will do a bigger update on the thread when I get to work.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I once got a Mauser bore snake stuck in my m1a.

It may not have been as stuck but I tied one end to my bench and tapped the reciever with my plastic hammer .

Is there a way of pushing it out with a wood dowel?

Drill bit?

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Get some wire and fold it in half like a big 'U' and see if you can shove each leg through the snake and out the end and then pull. My hope is the wire be thin enough but rigid enough to force through the wires of the brush and fabric. Pull in the direction the snake was going, presumably it was going chamber toward muzzle.

·
Premium Member
18,836 Posts
It is easy to get an Otis system patch stuck if you fold it wrong. Not really a bore snake , but the same idea. It gets more difficult to pay attention as the years go by.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Funny I didn't hear anything about this at lunch. There was a lot of talk about optics though. I guess I'm going to have to check out this barrel myself.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention it to you. Want me to leave the barrel with you while I'm away?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.