M14 Forum banner

Where can I get a Stock like This?

2276 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Trung Si
:D Where can I get a Laminated Stock this Color, Boyd offers them but the two Colors they offer are Darker! :(
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
colossians323 that is one of Boyds Stocks, they offer two Colors Nutmeg and Pepper they are not Blond like in the Picture I posted :cry:

· Registered
158 Posts
That stock's UGLY!!! If you want wood, I would suggest cherry or birch! JMHO :) If not, go with synthetic.

· Registered
837 Posts
I don't think the question was whether or not we think a blonde laminated stock is good looking or not, but where to find one.

· Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D Thank You TEA! I guess that Fellow doesent know how many Birch and Wanut Stocks I have ;)

· Registered
3,516 Posts
I have a pepper laminate on a garand, and it looks great (shoots good too!). I have also been kinda lookin for a nutmeg lam for a m14 - too bad fajen is out of business...

Dave

· "Staff Alumni"
1,321 Posts
Trung Si could it be just the finish making the stock darker. Birch is usually blonde so maybe just take their finish off and use a natural finish. Just a suggestion since I have not seen the stocks you are looking at.

· Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:D You could be right Steve k Iwas thinking about that earlier, but like Dave P stated "It's too bad that Fajen is out of Business" I have Fajen Heavy Stocks on two of my Match Rifles, the are not the Laminated but I sure like them! :D

· Registered
1,022 Posts
Trung Si,

The stock in the picture is probably a Fajen (I also have that book!), but the answer to your question is Boyd's.

Before you jump all over me about Boyd's offering only Nutmeg and Pepper Laminate go to Boyd's Wood Blanks and pick out the color you desire; it's #1, Ginger Laminate, Brown/Natural BTW. Now go to Boyd's Wood Upgrades and you'll see it's a $69.00 upgrade and subject to their production schedule. You'll need to give them a call and make sure they can run the matching handguard and get a price for it as well.

BTW, I will be offering Laminated and other wood stocks in the future, but Boyd's offers what you want now.

Take Care,

Tony

· Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:D Thank you very much Law483! ;) I like a Man that knows what he is talking about :!: ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.