M14 Forum banner

Where can I find a USGI op rod for my bush rifle?

963 9
I've heard alot of guys here talking about replacing the factory op rod for a USGI style op rod. Is this replacement for better performance, or for durability? What does swapping the op rod out for a NM, or USGI model offer over the stock SA model? Where can you buy these op rods from?

Thanks,
Andy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Elmer is now selling them for $150.00. I have spent time with him on the phone and he is a walking history book on all these parts. Before I bought off the auction sites I would call Elmer. Its worth it just to be able to talk to him... He is a little slow in getting parts out but the wait is worth it. While you are getting parts, get a USGI bolt, you can never have too many spart parts

·
Registered
88 Posts
harley rider said:
Elmer is now selling them for $150.00. I have spent time with him on the phone and he is a walking history book on all these parts. Before I bought off the auction sites I would call Elmer. Its worth it just to be able to talk to him... He is a little slow in getting parts out but the wait is worth it. While you are getting parts, get a USGI bolt, you can never have too many spart parts
Roger that. I have 3 op rods, 2 bolts, 2 gas cylinders, 2 trigger assy, 3 firing pins (2 chromed). Probably will pick up a couple more parts. Going to have one rifle built with some of the parts, and keep the rest for spares.

Regulator

·
Registered
809 Posts
On parts like this, Ebay can be a gamble (do ya feel luck?) Elmer is "The Man" and yous gets whats ya pay for. Talked to Elmer today - he is still taking orders and is always pleasent to talk to... Go with Elmer - tell him the Firefigher sent ya... I have spent way too much $$$ with him for a project - well worth every penny, just $$$$ - very please with him..

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Ebay is a big gamble. A nice finish often means a worn part with fresh parkerizing.

FWIW, I can't think of anyone in person or on the internet that's had a problem with an SA Inc cast oprod. I've got a GI one, but the SA Inc fits better and gets me better results on paper. 3500 rounds and it's still tight, with almost no sign of anything other than light surface wear.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've got around 8.5K rounds through my M1A (on its second barrel) and I have had zero problems with my SA Inc op-rod. If I ever do, they'll replace it for free. 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.