M14 Forum banner

When The ATF Comes Knocking:

2366 Views 34 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Para Pete
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
398 Posts
Thanks. Passed this along to friends and relatives who NEED to know.

Reactions: JeffG and Tom Paine

· Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,502 Posts
Anyone who believes that the ATF will personally come to their door and check on what they own are either paranoid or have done something to worry about.
It's actually not uncommon, and has been happening more and more recently. Did you watch the video? There's lots of people who've done nothing wrong, yet ATF has shown up at their homes asking to see the firearms they've recently purchased.

Don't believe it? Look it up...

· Registered
All of them.
1,399 Posts
Not too worried about it. Anyone who believes that the ATF will personally come to their door and check on what they own are either paranoid or have done something to worry about. As long as you follow the law, you don't have to worry about getting "visits" from Law Enforcement.
Not exactly. The ATF can pay you a visit anytime they want, especially when you have items registered with the NFA.

· Registered
10,685 Posts
IF you ARE an FFL, the RULES SAY that ANYONE can come & INSPECT your stash of 4473s...
But the ATF asking to see my PERSONAL Firearms? Nah, don't think so!

· Registered
3,158 Posts
Not exactly. The ATF can pay you a visit anytime they want, especially when you have items registered with the NFA.
No they can't. That's a wives tail that I had heard for years.

They can knock on your door if they want but unless they have a warrant, they are SOL. Hand them your attorney's business card and close your mouth.

· Registered
All of them.
1,399 Posts
No they can't. That's a wives tail that I had heard for years.

They can knock on your door if they want but unless they have a warrant, they are SOL. Hand them your attorney's business card and close your mouth.
NFA items are 100% auditable. Ask me how I know. Definitely not a wives tale…

Now, I certainly would not invite them in to see something else without local pd or county alongside, as long as they had probably cause or a warrant. NFA stuff is a different story. They can come check it out any time.

· Registered
3,158 Posts
NFA items are 100% auditable. Ask me how I know. Definitely not a wives tale…

Now, I certainly would not invite them in to see something else without local pd or county alongside, as long as they had probably cause or a warrant. NFA stuff is a different story. They can come check it out any time.
Not according to two different attorneys.

Unless you're a FFL

· Registered
1,400 Posts
The ATF have no power. At least with firearms, they are a direct infringement of the constitution.

It is out of sheer compliance that they have gained any recognition as "LEO."

Their enforcement is null and void within the supreme law of our land.

But we all know this......

· Registered
3,631 Posts
"When The ATF Come Knocking"

Hide Your DOG!
And your wife and children. Oh wait, that was the FBI. Same thing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts