M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
background info:

I have a used february 1995 SAI M1A, with a variety of manufacturer parts. great. no problems. It is the 9106 model that came with the black synthetic stock.

This afternoon, I started refinishing the stock and began the process by bead blasting it and the handguard. When I got done, I noticed on the right rear side of the receiver where they had filled in the M14 selector switch. They did a really good job, but the bead blasting kinda scratched up the rest. I have lightly sanded it ahead of painting it a dark camoflage brown.

Now my thinking is that I have one of the good M14 synthetic stocks.

How much will I benefit from having the synthetic stock bedded and whom should I go too, to have it done?

thanks

KS Shooter

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Gus Fisher has. Read about his Walter Mitty rifle. I hope I spelled that right.
I think Gus was talking about stiffening the forearm on USGI fiberglass stocks. I don't believe this is what is meant by "bedding". There's people smarter than me here though GI2

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I think Gus was talking about stiffening the forearm on USGI fiberglass stocks. I don't believe this is what is meant by "bedding". There's people smarter than me here though GI2
He does both stiffen the forearm and bed the receiver to the stock.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Bedding can and will

provide better receiver support in any stock that does not by itself come with some alternative sort of means of attaching the receiver to the stock. No stock has a perfect skin tight fit by itself in all places where it matters...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts