M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for the last month Ive sort of been dating this girl i met. she is one year older than me 31. Ive taken her out 4 times and to the movies ect. She hasnt once said thank you or offered to help in anyway. my parents even invited us out for dinner and it was like prying teeth to get her to say thank you. I know many of you guys are from the generations of past where the guy pays for everything but im guessing you at least got a thank you. The last time we went out we couldnt decide on the kind of pizza to order so i let her order. after she ordered the cashier looked at her and said will you be paying CC or cash then there was a long silence so of course I stepped forward to say credit card, it was very okward. of course no thank you. Im not looking for a girl to go halves with me but at least one who will show some appreciation and maybe from time to time offer to help and not make me feel like a free meal ticket, exremely annoying and im moving on. out of all the girls Ive dated and ive dated quite a few over the years ive never ran into someone so entittled

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Move on and put that one behind you.
for sure! ive already decided on that. id much rather stay single than settle and end up married with kids to someone I cant stand that doesnt know what appreciation is. besides there no real physical attraction on my part. usually by third date their waking up at my house and i havent even held this girls hand, talk about sparks

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Move on and put that one behind you.
This!

Don't know if you have been married before, and I don't know if this relationship would go down that path, but choose correctly the first time!

She sounds a little snobby so move on.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Most girls in our generation are entitled little princesses. They have been groomed to act as such through bad parenting, TV and the idea that they SHOULD be treated like little queens, yet not act like them. They want the undeserved treatment from men, yet most of them dont warrant it and have no respect for the men the plan to exact it from. I was engaged to a girl like that and saw that it was only getting worse. Popped smoke.

Entitlement. I have noticed the exact same thing and to be quite honest, Im pretty content with just me and Dog hanging out for now.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have come the realization that some people were never brought up to be polite. It comes natural for some of us others are too old to be taught, it's all about them.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most girls in our generation are entitled little princesses. They have been groomed to act as such through bad parenting, TV and the idea that they SHOULD be treated like little queens, yet not act like them. They want the undeserved treatment from men, yet most of them dont warrant it and have no respect for the men the plan to exact it from. I was engaged to a girl like that and saw that it was only getting worse. Popped smoke.

Entitlement. I have noticed the exact same thing and to be quite honest, Im pretty content with just me and Dog hanging out for now.
very well said my man. that entittlment with girls at least around me has gotten worse and worse as i have gotten older when i though it would be the opposite. Im very happy with my single life and dog like you and i am very picky about who i dive headfirst with because i know way too many married and misserable people

·
Registered
159 Posts
try this trick with the next one get your ams full and drop something if she picks it up and offers to help with some of it spend some more time with her if she just stands there move on fast.
there is no set clues

·
Registered
780 Posts
If she don't break you off a little piece soon, you may have to get out of there bro. If she's already hookin' you up then those grievances of yours are actually expenses. Nothing's free. I mean, is she fine? Can you pull better? Take all this into consideration.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bizzo's be bizzo's.
If she has no appreciation now, just imagine how bad it'd be in a year.
Dude, you're A LOT younger than I imagined. Take your time, a good one will come along.
If they were all awesome you wouldn't know when you actually got a goodin.
It takes some storms to make you appreciate the sunshine. When someone is different they'll stand out in a good way.
Hang in there bra'.
Bros before hoes.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I feel your pain man. I'm dating in your age range as well (though I have my son) and am appalled at the lack of decent females. Even the bigger gals (being nice) have a bit of that entitlement action going on...

As for your situation I'd quit it posthaste. No reason in this day and age to tolerate that sort of thing. Think positive. No GF/wife = more ammo money :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Kick that bitch to the curb.
Funny.

I think the test for a "keeper" is to spend the whole day with a woman. A few weeks ago I took a young lass to a swap meet then a gun show. I started falling for her when she suggested we get a couple of cold beers and ordered up two 22 ouncers. We perused the displays, which she loved and I ended up buying her a bayonet that she wanted. (also purchased some presents for my M14SA) At the end of the night she thanked me for a great day. Great personality and body aside, I'll be collecting social security before she turns 30. (guess all the beer and Jack I've consumed over the years have done good, most people think I'm in my 30's)

Bottom line is this girl passed my gun show test and has a good heart, but she's just too damn young. Can't be that I'm too old.GI1

1 - 20 of 128 Posts