M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Im a newbie here. Im looking at buying a M14 . I found a Federal Ordance with a serial num in the 7000 range. The gun with wood stock and and xtra sinthetic stock with 2 mags ,scope and bag for 1200 is this a good deal or do I need to stick with a Springfield

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, tbones54, I would buy it for that money, no problem. I am sure you will enjoy the forums and all that they have to offer. Take a look in the PX if you are looking to buy more or for parts. Have fun.

-

·
Registered
352 Posts
Howdy fellow Texan! Welcome. Definitely sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the M14 today

Picked up the Federal Ordance today its in Very Good condition 2 mags xtra stock sling and case plus 120 rounds of ammo for 1200. H&R barrel with a Winchester bolt. 2 boxes of the ammo just said 308 so while I was at the gun show in Mesquite I ask one of the ammo guys what it was . He said it was Chinese steal case with brass coating. He said they didnt import this ammo anymore. On one of the internet sites I looked at I believe said not to shot metal cased ammo in the M14 is this correct or is it ok to shot. The other 80 rounds is South African ammo any help will be apperciated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts