1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry new here!!!

this could be a stupid question? haha

Whats the best norinco m305, polytech m14s, or springfield arms m1a

I have heard many different things about all of them just wondering if you guys could help me choose one to buy

thanks

·
Registered
751 Posts
The Springfield M1A has the best warranty, but I think the Chinese rifles are probably a better value for the money, particularly up there in Canada. The Norincos and Polytechs are no longer available down here, due to politics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i have heard haha
but what is better between the chinese ones polytechs or norincos?
i have heard they are basically the same?

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
Sorry new here!!!

this could be a stupid question? haha

Whats the best norinco m305, polytech m14s, or springfield arms m1a

I have heard many different things about all of them just wondering if you guys could help me choose one to buy

thanks
Our friends north of the border have the luxury of purchasing a fully functioning M14 with a forged receiver, a chrome lined barrel and a forged 1 piece
op rod for less than we Yanks can purchase a stripped forged receiver... it's a no brainer - buy two Norinco/Poly Tech M14s and be extremely happy DI5

·
Registered
751 Posts
ya i have heard haha
but what is better between the chinese ones polytechs or norincos?
i have heard they are basically the same?
I haven't tried a Polytech, but I have a Norinco M14S that I'm pretty happy with. The chrome lined barrel shoots pretty well, for me.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Loaded question.
I think you need to decide a couple of things.
What do you want to use the rifle for? Fun plinking at steel plates at 100yds is different from hunting from competitive high power.
Decide this and peruse the forum to get a good idea of the platform.
Then, decide how much you have to spend. You're in for about $1k whatever you do but the sky is the limit from there.
Read up and go from there.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My gunsmith hates to work on the U.S. legal Chinese M-14 clones. Too many metric threads, too much fitting to get GI parts installed. Have the newer ones, now imported into Canada, changed any of that?

Have the new ones (in Canada) had problems with headspace and soft steel / improper heat treat? Or was that just a myth?

I've owned a couple of Norincos, taken in trade over the years at gun shows...but have never fired one. Just laid them on the table and moved them on down the line.

I have 2 Norinco 1911 45's that work perfectly, but they are working at 19,000 psi vs 50+ thousand psi for a .308 rifle. Just wondering about their current quality for the M-14 clones. That would have to figure into a purchasing decision, I should think.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2007 Norinco and fell in love with it ever since it came to the front door! I shoots great and still to this day have never had a problem with it!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The best

I have decided the Poly-Tech's are the best. I use the receivers to build my personal weapons. I sell the parts kits to recover $250.00-$350.00 after the build.
They are without a doubt the easiest to assemble in my experience.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts