M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we have our own place on the forum, what would be our tag-line? They have Firebase Jarhead, Provo's Privy, etc... what applies to us? Let's see, Quarterdeck is taken.... uh... I've been out too long. I can't think of anything. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Now that we have our own place on the forum, what would be our tag-line? They have Firebase Jarhead, Provo's Privy, etc... what applies to us? Let's see, Quarterdeck is taken.... uh... I've been out too long. I can't think of anything. What do you guys think?

I dunno, Coasties Corner maybe?? dozier

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
How about The Lighthouse?

Reactions: 4Quangs

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Dry Dock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Dad was a Coastie and he has a few suggestions. A place where he spent a lot of time "The Paint Locker", or a tool he used a lot "The Paint Chippers", or the place he mostly worked, "The Buoy Deck"

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
How About---

HMS Pinafore ???

GI1

Okay, Seriously Now...

"The Crow's Nest!"

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
SWS - Shallow Water Sailors?

If we sink it, we will walk?

Have to rub it in, my uncle was Coast Guard Academy grad, I was nuke bubblehead. Coasties are the best: have the oldest hardware, smallest budgets, have to lug around enough gray paint to turn into Navy any day, and head OUT to sea when everyone else is heading IN!

Reactions: Bad Mojo

·
Registered
17 Posts
LOL

The Coast Guard was the best time of my life, not necessarily Buffalo. But, I lived there for 10 years and enjoyed every minute. Living in Virginia now, there's a lot of things I miss. Ted's, Brew Pub, La Nova, Grovers, etc. Wait, those are all restaurants, aren't they?

GI1

·
Registered
37 Posts
Port Aransas, Port O'Conner, Galveston

DRAFT DODGER!

And it worked. While I was an Alameda boot, Selective Service sent the papers.
I told My Dad to toss 'em.
Should of kept them.
1968-1970, active reserve '72-'74.
Boss told me to make a "decision".
Maybe I should of stayed reserve, but then there was that reserve ensign from the late '60's who was just such a......jerk.
Had I not been held from promotion, partly by him, 1970 might have been a re-up.
I have not yet been shot at-like to keep it that way-, but I have gone to sea on that noted "dark and stormy night". The crews of a couple of boats are glad of that!
Thank the Lord...,Thermon M. , Bosen's Mate Chief, CGC Point Baker, Port Aransas, Texas

Thanks, Paul
Houston, Texas

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.