M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Eye Master
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm making progress in machining new production M14 triggers from billet tool steel. I'm hoping that these are going to be better than any USGI or commercial trigger ever made, simply because I can do things with a CNC, or by precision reaming the pin holes, that were never possible in military production environments of 60 years ago, nor are they replicated in the MIM commercial triggers being made today. More on this in a later thread.

One of the benefits of CNC machining is that I can change the design fairly easily. Specifically, I have been requested to change the angle of the bow to better suit the ergonomics of the EBR.

Since I do not own an EBR, and I'm busy enough that I'm not going to buy one just to look at this issue, I need some help.

Could someone please take a trigger and trace it on paper, then sketch in about where the bow ought to be?

This might be as simple as adding the trigger shoe which exists today, or as complex as actually building up the trigger with clay, to get a good feel. Once I have the design, I can re-do the CAD and re-program the CNC, but I will have a fair hunk of effort and cost in programming and prototypes, so I'd like something a little more precise than an eyeball and freehand.

Anyone interested?

Thanks,

Art

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's really cool that you are going forward with this. I don't have a pistol grip M14, but it's awesome that you see a need and have the ability to go through with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts