M14 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Raven .25 Auto when I was barely old enough to own a handgun, LOL, it couldn't hit the broad side of a barn or kill a cat!

·
Registered
94 Posts
1978 Ruger 10/22 at a Kmart. My mom actually got it for me nd my brother. Still got the too. In
1980 maybe. I bought a Ruger Mk1 .22 pistol. Guy was selling it in the local newspaper

·
Registered
309 Posts
I came into gun ownership late in life but I’ve made up for it. My first purchases was a Browning Gold Fusion semi auto 12 gauge shotgun for sporting clays. Still own it today.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Winchester 1886 45-70 Take down, full octagonal, with pistol grip (not straight stock). Man I miss that dude.

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I turned 15 and got my youth hunting license I was given/bought 3
1- 20ga Remington 870
2- Marlin 25n .22lr
3- Hawkins .50cal Traditional Muzzleloader I built

Still have #2/3. My socom is the first I've personally purchased myself.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine was a single shot shotgun (I can’t even remember the brand) but I remember it was called the silver hunter. Super cheap is the only reason I bought it, didn’t have any money then I just wanted to buy a gun when I turned 18, I believe it was $129.99 at the bargain barn in Jasper. That thing would just about kill you every time you pulled the trigger. I tried finding them online and I can’t find them, I remember it was made in Turkey though. What was all y’all’s first purchases?

edit: it was a TR imports silver eagle 12 gauge youth. I can’t find one that looks like mine but it’s stainless, all I see now is blued.
was a Marlin model 60 .22 , was 14 ,walked into Fox's department store and bought it ,gotta love the 70's

·
Registered
30 Posts
1984/5 IMI Desert Eagle 44 Magnum for $325. Gun was on order for what seemed like 6 months. When it finally shipped I found out why. It was the first commercial pallet that cleared customs where it had been impounded for quite a while. Four years later I paid over $350 for the 14 inch target barrel

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Although I had a 22 gifted to me when I was 12, the first gun I purchased was a 1917 Springfield. It was 1968, and I rode a bus 60 some miles out of the countryside to the local town to purchase it. 50 dollars. I walked back to the bus station, with it in a soft case, got on the bus, no one batted an eye. I was 16 years old. Times have certainly changed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
First shotgun was a an H&R Topper Model 52 single shot 410 in early 70s. First rifle was a Marlin 336C in 30-30 about 1976.

·
Registered
813 Posts
First gun given to me was a Sears and Roebuck (Stevens) 20 GA Single Shot Full Choke
First gun with on dollars, Remington 742 30 06

I still have the Remington, although it has to be 30 years since I fired it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ruger 10/22, from my Dad when I was 14 and they sold for $54.50 brand new. I still have it, with its 5-digit s/n. That was in 1965.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was 15 yrs old. Worked all summer in my spare time (lived on a farm) picking strawberries, beans,
hauling hay, hunting Ginseng ect and bought a Remington Nylon 66. This was in 1964. Paid $49.95
for it. A small fortune for a 15 yr old East TN farm boy them days. Put a lot of meat on the table with
that gun and lot of times back then, if we had meat it's because we shot it ourselves. Old bun brings
a lot of memories every time I pick it up. The Rattlesnake that bit my boot I shot with it. The time I
was hunting on the wrong side of the river and the Game Warden chased me to the bluff above the
river. I jumped in but lost my .22 in the river. Took me a week of sneaking in and diving in the river
to find it. Cleaned it with kerosene and gas and it was fine. Like I said, a lot of memories..;)
Dano

·
Registered
9 Posts
Remington Model 1100 12 gauge Gibson in Yazoo City 60 bucks down and 79 a month layaway on 8-6-1985 price 299 plus 18 bucks tax. Still got it and the receipt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remington 870 WingMasrer 16 gauge modified, $50, in 1951. For open water duck shooting on Mobile Bay. Still have the gun!

·
Registered
24 Posts
94 winchester 30-30, 80's model. Bought with my own saved up loot at the Austin Gun Show. $130. Shot some dang nice deer and hog with it. Wish I still had it.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Saved for a Ruger Mark 1 6" .2, I paid for it but my dad had to do the paper work, I was only 16. Still have the pistol.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts