·
Premium Member
Token Libtard
298 Posts
someone beat you to it ;)

·
Registered
10,705 Posts
Guido's gonna be spending a spell in (what's a famous prison in Jersey?).
Here, we consider the entire state to be a prison. :cry:

For your purposes, we'll use Rahway.

I'm sure there will be federal charges as well. If that's a fixed stock and not a brace, it will be considered an SBR. He was apparently traveling with a woman, the luggage having been checked in her name. I'm sure the authorities at the destination have also been notified.

Let's hope they prevented a bad guy from committing a crime and not caught a good guy being stupid. There's a lot of both going around at the moment.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
You just can’t fix stupid.

I find it odd they didn’t release his name. I’ll be waiting on that release.
Just thinking out loud here.but is it really an incredibly good catch for the TSA to find a metal AR in a luggage with xrays? Isn’t that the obvious in the ABC’s of TSA training or have we lowered the bar so that finding a firearm with X-ray requires exceptional talent. Seems like just doing the job they are paid to do.

I suppose they can get a kind of trucker snow storm road hypnosis from looking at hair brushes and vibrators all day long. But I’m a thinking that AR kind of stood out and popped even for a TSA agent. I’ll bet it got past him and he did a double take on it and rolled it back in disbelief.

But that’s just me thinking. Good to see someone’s flying again.

No offense meant if you are a TSA agent. It’s the managers stupid statement that got me going.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I’ll put my money on a bad guy was thwarted. East Orange is a known ghetto, plenty of gang activity and drugs. Definitely not an incredible catch by any means. Surprised Murphy is not jumping up and down calling for more gun laws🤯

·
Registered
10,705 Posts
If they haven't released his name yet, there is an ongoing investigation. They are checking his phone and laptop for accomplices and associates, on both ends of his trip. There could be a language barrier, or they are waiting on a warrant to search his house.

Finding an assembled AR with an X-ray should be routine. I'm sure they see several every day. I'll give them credit for noticing that is wasn't packed properly and declared.

Once, in London, I got pulled off the Concorde (yea, I'm old). The screeners had noticed that I had several small 2-way radios in my checked luggage. I had to open my suitcase right there on the tarmac. I always zero out the radios for safety when on an aircraft (Army habit), so everything was fine. I give the screeners credit for that one. Good catch.

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts
The article should get the sex of the person who was arrested!

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
If they haven't released his name yet, there is an ongoing investigation. They are checking his phone and laptop for accomplices and associates, on both ends of his trip. There could be a language barrier, or they are waiting on a warrant to search his house.

Finding an assembled AR with an X-ray should be routine. I'm sure they see several every day. I'll give them credit for noticing that is wasn't packed properly and declared.

Once, in London, I got pulled off the Concorde (yea, I'm old). The screeners had noticed that I had several small 2-way radios in my checked luggage. I had to open my suitcase right there on the tarmac. I always zero out the radios for safety when on an aircraft (Army habit), so everything was fine. I give the screeners credit for that one. Good catch.

Cool that you got on the Concorde. That’s a wish I always wanted to do.

·
Registered
10,705 Posts
Cool that you got on the Concorde. That’s a wish I always wanted to do.
Twice, as I recall. If you needed to cross the puddle on short notice, you could always get a seat on the Concorde. Each flight was only half full. You had to sit in certain seats for takeoff, so you didn't cause any trim issues.

·
Forum Jester
6,978 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Any new info on this or its gonna be another bribed buried case that we will all forget about in a few more days.

·
Registered
10,705 Posts
Any new info on this or its gonna be another bribed buried case that we will all forget about in a few more days.
I doubt anything will be released until all the alphabet agencies have each completed their investigations. It wouldn't be wise to tip their hand.

·
Eye Master
3,828 Posts
Questionable if that is an SBR, or even a rifle. If it has no stock, and was built on a stripped receiver, it can be designated a pistol.

However, it is likely still illegal in New Jersey, not to mention it is in violation of federal laws requiring it to be declared, in a locked case, ammo must be in original boxes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts