M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what are the key things to look for in determining if some one has a true military version M-14 sniper rifle. I have been reading everything I can find on here and other sources about the different variants of the XM-21,M-21 rifles. I was wondering what everyone on here could tell me to look for. Heel stampings, proof marks, barrels, scopes, manufactures, weather they were full auto or semi, with the stud locks. Did Spring Field Armory Inc. make any? Where they all made from NM unlined barrels? Where they all manufactured by Win,HTR,TRW? Which ones are more collectable and what parts make them that way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so there are class three m-14's out there, there is one up for auction on Rock Island. And not all sniper rifles were full auto. So I guess what I'm asking is how do you tell the difference from one someone put together with a kit and is claiming its a military issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.