M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"Death From Above"
11,887 Posts
Let me know when your coming I'll give you the nickel tour. Where will you be staying when tour here? I can find my way to LRB in a blizard while sleeping. If you are into air and space museums there are two on the island. One at Mitchell field called the cradle of aviation and the other at republic airport. Republic Fairchild air museum houses all the planes they ever made. Not that big but they have an F105 thunderchief that I never get tired of looking at when I take off on runway 19. There are two rifle ranges out on the east end of the island if you want to go let me know. If you play golf you have not lived until you play the state course at bethpage. The black course is something you will never forget playing and its public. The PGA plays the us open on the black. Depending on where you are staying the long island railroad can have you midtown NYC in no time at all. It's an hour from where I live. If the timing is right I may be able to vet you out on the water for some fishing. Fishing is slow this time of year on the long island sound. Flounder is about all that's legal to catch right now but they are tasty. Stripped bass should be opening up soon as well. If you like wine you can always take a tour of the vineyards but nothing is growing now and all you would wind up doing is getting real smashed tasting the previous years brew. You can always go to a mets or Yankees game or catch the nicks or rangers at the garden. Don't count out the islander hockey team! The sky is the limit in NYC. You name it you can find or do it in NYC. You have to make a stop over at LRB and meet Lou, his son Paul, the crew Sean and Jason.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Wow thanks Warren!i just answered your pm before reading this.I am definately into aircraft,my pops was an A-6 driver in the navy.The Republic/Fairchild musuem will definately be on my list!it would be nice to see that Thud,they wouldnt happen to have a RF84 over there would they?i have always wanted to see one of those up close.anyway,thanks for letting me know about the air museums.i googled stuff to do in LI and that didnt even come up.I will definately let you know my plans when finalized.as now i will be 3 days in Smithtown,the rest will be in Brookville.depending on my fiancees schedule,shes flying out to NYC for a few days and i am planning on meeting here there.

·
"Death From Above"
11,887 Posts
Not sure if they have an rf84. I'll call tomorrow and find out. The cradle of aviation is pretty cool that's Mitchell field where Charles Lindbergh took off across the Atlantic. I have not been there in 15 years. You also have the intrepid aircraft carrier museum floating on the Hudson river. Last time inwas close to that inwas watching Stevie ray Vaughn play at the pier. I was pretty smashed at that show. I have never been inboard. Keep in touch, I know a few excellent pizza joints. Ttyl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.