M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,713 Posts
Primer fired training rnds. I used to use them in both 9mm and 38 in my basement range. Target box was cardboard lined with old T shirts. Yea, could be ear plugs too I suppose. Guess the crimp makes the projectile stick for ear plugs.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Yes, a non-lethal projectile.
NO.

The model shown does not expel anything from the barrel, see the link in the post above.

"Advantages
  • Non-lethal and non-toxic cartridges (Toxfree® primer)
  • No flash or noise, only the sound signature of the weapon cycling
  • Cleaner than conventional blanks, no fouling of the weapon
  • Safer blank, no unburnt propellant, no ejected particles
  • Functions in Simunition® converted service weapons
  • Minimal protective equipment, only range certified eye protection required
  • No Blank Firing Attachment (BFA) required"
__.

You are thinking of the "paint-ball" versions. The paint-ball versions looks different:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
So I guess it's part brass part plastic case? No actual projectile it just cycles the action with no marking ability ? Are they just for familiarization/handling of firearms? That seems a waste no fun at all!

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
So I guess it's part brass part plastic case? No actual projectile it just cycles the action with no marking ability ? Are they just for familiarization/handling of firearms? That seems a waste no fun at all!
The plastic part in the spent cases shown have telescoped out. They look like this before shooting:

When fired the plastic nose telescopes out and pushes the slide open to work the action.

The point of these is to train on "close in" situations where the use of regular blanks, with their dangerous muzzle over-pressure, would be dangerous, or classroom practice with drawing and firing, or malfunction drills.

·
Registered
120 Posts
We use the regualr "paint" type rounds for training. Have kits for the Glocks, HKs, MP-5s and M4s. wife uses the M4 kit for keeping the squirrels out of the bird feeders too. Luckily I ran into a retired SWAT guy i know a while back and got a boat load of the ammo from him, so we don't really have to ration ammo. there is also 38 rds used in revolvers, and the 38 rds can be used in shotguns with an adapter case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts