M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done going through the old posts on the Firing Line, the Com Shack and a few of the other forums. I was looking for an old post to answer a question by a member, but I got so caught up in just "meandering" around, I lost track of time and my original purpose.

Spent a couple of happy hours going through the posts from "way back when" and rediscovered why I joined the Firing Line family in the first place.

BTW - I would suggest this to any of the members, but especially the newer folks who haven't had the opportunity to "meander" yet. I can't believe how much good, friendly advice, cool stories and pics, and just plain good fellowship I discovered (again) by wondering around.

Anyway, it brought me back to this question - the same one I had the first time I logged on to the Firing Line: "What kind of place is this anyway?"

Oh yeah, like most of you, I had made the rounds of a lot of the other boards and forums, so I was really surprised when I quit "lurking" and joined the group.

Here's what I found on the Firing Line -

I was given a warm and friendly welcome by folks who seemed genuinely happy to meet me.

I saw that folks were not only friendly, but helpful, tolerant and understanding.

I learned very quickly that these folks really know what they are talking about and don't mind sharing their experiences and expertise in helping out a "newbie" without making them feel like they weren't just as worthy of respect as the "old salts".

The more I looked around, the more I learned about my beloved M14/M1A rifle. I also learned that you can relax and be comfortable knowing that your friends here on the Firing Line will treat you with civility and respect.

I also learned that while sometimes folks here may disagree about things, even good friends can disagree and still remain friends. That's one of the main differences here on the Firing Line.

You can take it to the bank that when someone welcomes you to the group, you are truly welcome.

So when you are welcomed by: "Welcome to the family of M-14 shooters! Glad ya came aboard!"; "Wag one of them ammo crates up to the fire's edge and sit a spell with us."; or "Aloha ...glad you came over!!! Welcome Aboard!!!"; - it's great to know that it's an honest invitation to join some truly fine folks.

To Hawk and the other "Old Salts" that make up the heart and soul of the Firing Line - I can only say: "Thanks, ya done good".

"What the Heck Kind of Outfit is This Firing Line Anyway" - just the best, folks, just the best. BGRIN1

There's always room for another new friend, so pull up a chair - we'll set a place at the table for ya. USA2

duckbuck

·
Registered
303 Posts
To any newbie that has just come across this forum. Welcome to (in one mans opinion) one of the best shooters forums that you'll ever come across. Home to some of the most sincere, down to earth, helpful, mature and classy individuals you'll find on the internet. The staff and senior guys here are patient, understanding, and have treated me (still kind of new) with a great deal of humility. For me at least this place is home. To you newbies Welcome Aboard. All the best sincerely, ff. UNITEDSTAT USA2 USA2 USA2 USARMY-1 USN1 USAF1 USMC-1 USANG1 USCG1 USMM1 BLUESTAR1 POWMIA2

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
What I like most here is the respect given by and to other members.

It's obvious that there are some extremely knowledgeable people here and they are willing to share that knowledge and their experiences and opinions. However, I have yet to find any members that insist that you agree with them or else!

You may be ignorant or just plain old wrong about something ( DISHOUT I have already) but you're told that with respect for you as a fellow human being.

I wish I could say that about all the forums I've visited but glad I can point it out here.

Ron

·
Registered
131 Posts
great web page!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes folks on here give good info. and they do not make fun of you for asking stupid ?s they are all polite and good folks. i have learned many things from this web page and i am thankful to have such great knowledge and information at my disposal . cant say enough, very well run web site!!!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
roger that!

daggone great site!

and it's all the decency and civility of the shooters here.

I guess that's what I am proud of here to be a member.

In a world gone crazy with nonsense, rudeness, lack of manners (I could go on), this place counts.

IT'S TRULY ALL-AMERICAN!

·
Registered
117 Posts
This forum...

This truely is about the best forum out there. The amount of respect and friendly advice given on this forum is amazing. I pop over to other forums now and again to hang out from time to time. Here is what I think is different about this one:

1) Not many wannabes. There are a lot of veterans and shooters that have "been there and done that." This keeps down the rectal-cranial inversion you see on other forums.

2) Pride in the community. The vast majority of stuff here is for the M1A, but the stuff for other platforms is informational and troubleshooting as well. This means that the meandering is kept to a minimum.

3) Practical advice and less conjecture. You can find solid advice from guys with a LOT of experience. This means less goofy "wacko" stuff. One of the first things I do when checking out a new forum is do a search on "zombie." If I get a lot of hits on crazy end-of-the-world, flesh-eating zombies, I look lightly and move on. Some people's kids!

4) Stickies are the best. You can find the majority of your answers in the stickies or from a few quick searches. Other sites you have to dig around and really work up a sweat to find anything.

Long live the M-14 Firing Line forum! Saving the internet from itself on a daily basis. GI2

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
If I may chime in, and rather than adding praise to what has already been so well said, If you have a question, send a PM. If the addressee doesn't know the answer, he'll probably know who does. "Knowledge doesn't belong to you, you are only the custodian. Your job is to pass it on and see that it doesn't die." dave (USMC retired)

·
MGySgt USMC (ret)
7,066 Posts
The quality of any outfit can usually be traced right back to the leaders; whether that quality is good, bad or just so-so.

This forum is blessed with high quality leaders (moderators) who won't brook nonsense nor really uncivil discourse.

Civil men can disagree vehemently and still remain civil. That's the way it should be.

These are the things I like most about this forum and why it is a quality forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To me it looks like everyone here is straight up and on the square about everything I have read so far.

Glad to have found a group that I want to be a part of

Jim

Stock Market Tip______________________________________________
Called my stockbroker this morning and asked him what I should be buying -
…he said
“Canned Goods and Ammunition”
__________________________________________________ _________

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Great forum

Just wanted to ad my 2 cents about how nice it is to be amoung polite profesionals most of whom have common backgrounds or aspirations. I was tired of reading alot of the crap, flaming and rude insults elsewhere and relieved to not find that stuff here. Keep up the good work. Semper Fi.

·
FOREVER REMEMBERED
1,529 Posts
I was tired of reading alot of the crap, flaming and rude insults elsewhere and relieved to not find that stuff here. Keep up the good work. Semper Fi.
Oh, you were on the former Politics forum at Perfect Union?

·
FOREVER REMEMBERED
1,529 Posts
YGTR, and most left when the admin put his foot down hard. Strictly common ground as this forum is. You can actually hear the crickets now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.