M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Arms #18 ordered and on the way, What height should I go with for the rings, low, medium, or high ??? As of now the scope I am going to use is a Super Sniper 20x... :? The gun is a SA NM M1A... 8)

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha 4 Rings,

I have used medium and low 30mm rings for my ARMS #18 setup with the Tasco SS scope.

The thing to watch for is the ocular bell hitting the rear sight. I used the medium rings (ARM #22M) and it just cleared the rear sight without me having to lower it, but is was just by a hair.

I hope this works for you.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the arms 18 mount with med rings and a VX-III 4-16X50mm scope, fit's nicly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^UPDATE^ The Arms #18 is installed with the 20x Super Sniper and some cheap Weaver 30mm high rings...With a good set of high rings, I'm leaning towards the Arms also, its a good combo...The Arms #18 is a quality piece for sure... Mike 8)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hey there 4_rings welcome :) . I have the A.R.M.S. mount with the ARMS Low rings with my VXIII 3.5X10 X50 mm and it clears everything just fine on my Fulton. I really like the ARMS QD rings cuz I've had my scope off MANY times and it has ALWAYS gone back to zero with out any problem! :) Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
m1a_scoutguy said:
Hey there 4_rings welcome :) . I have the A.R.M.S. mount with the ARMS Low rings with my VXIII 3.5X10 X50 mm and it clears everything just fine on my Fulton. I really like the ARMS QD rings cuz I've had my scope off MANY times and it has ALWAYS gone back to zero with out any problem! :) Good luck.
Thanks for the welcome and the info...Where in Central NY are you ??? Binghamton area for me, and work out of Tully... 8)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hey there 4_rings,,I'm in the Oneida area and I shoot at the www.oneidarifleclub.com nice place and its close for me,,wish they had longer than 100yrs,but over all its a great place! Even with winter on the way I have walked through snow more than once to put up some targets,,let me know if your ever up this way! :) Hope you get your rings straight,when I bought mine I got them from Fulton,,and Clint told me if they don't work out just send them back and I'll change them for diff. ones,,I'm sure he would do the same!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
m1a_scoutguy, I'm limited to 200yds at my club until the 300m is finished, would love to see what I and the gun could do at a longer range...With winter on the way I'm trying to find time to get my handloads dialed in so I can load all winter,I'm a wuss when it comes to our upstate winters !!! 8O

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Sounds like you have a nice place to shoot,,lucky you! I wish we had farther,but its probably better that we don't,,I have hard enough time seeing the 100yrd targets,, :) . Anyways I LIVE for winter,,I'm a snowmobiler and even at 50 I still enjoy getting out there! But hey like I said,if the sun is out and its 30 degrees or warmer,,I'll be walking through the snow to put up targets,,I spent to much $$$ on these guns to only shoot them in the summer time! Enjoy them year round!!! :) Take care,,and talk later!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.