M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hi Emperor:

The ARMS #18 will actually take a variety of rings. Whether you decide to mount a 30mm or 1" scope would no problem... just needing the appropriate rings...

I have used ARMS #22 rings, Leupold QD and Badger rings on the ARMS #18 mount with good results.

Many of the rings only come in 30mm so a "reducer" is needed to install a 1" scope using those specific rings... the ARMS #22 is an example of this.

I have so far used, Springfield Armory 6-20x56mm, Leupold M8 and Leupold Mark 4, Tasco SS scopes with good success... but almost any scope will work.

What kind of shooting were you planning on doing? That may help you decide which type of scope would be suitable for you.

But don't worry about the difference between 30mm and 1" tubes, there will be a set of rings that will fit your needs and application...

Good luck on deciding which way to go... this is the "fun" part!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tasco SS

Tasco SS but the eye relief is a little screwey as with all Tasco scopes. An adjustable cheekrest is a must when working with their optics, which of course I don't have. Best scope for the price but you may be off spending more money.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I currently use a Leupold Var-III 4.5 - 14 X 40mm Mil Dot Tactical scope with ARMS#22 High Rings on my ARMS # 18 mount.

This combo replace the Bushnell 3200 Mil Dot scope that was on there.

SKBY.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.