M14 Forum banner

What pistol are you carrying?

8925 Views 210 Replies 132 Participants Last post by  Jordan81
What pistol are you using for every day concealed carry these days?

Since this is an ever evolving genre with newer products coming out every day, I'm curious to hear what folks prefer for their every day carry piece. I've been carrying a Glock 43 w/ Taran Tactical +4 mag extension for some time. I just purchased a Glock 43x MOS and look to get the Shield Arms magazines to bump it up to 15 rds. I've been taking hard looks also at the Sig p365xl. I may get both and sell the one I don't want, or let my daughter have the one she likes. I never liked the Sig p365. I could never get a very good grip on it. With all the modularity of the p365 and the various grip modules you can put on it, it's hard not to want to try it out now.

I know there are so many more options. Hellcat, S&W, Shadow Systems, etc.

Anyway, tell us what you're carrying these days and don't be shy to tell us what holster and carry set-up you're using. Also, it there was a gun you recently switched to, tell us what you had been carrying and why you switched. Interested to hear. Pics welcome.
141 - 160 of 211 Posts

· Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,512 Posts
Or an entire industry has developed trying to catch up beat Glock, which is more likely the case.
The question is: if an industry develops based on the market demand for a GLOCK with better ergonomics- why on Earth would GLOCK not just offer customers that choice by simply including such an option in their lineup? It seems like such a consummate no-brainer.

Giving such an obvious choice to customers would certainly have made me a GLOCK aficionado like, several decades ago... and I guarantee I am not the only firearms enthusiast that feels this way. All GLOCK has ever had to do is offer a better product, and I'd've been singing their praises long ago, too.

But, alas... waiting for GLOCK to make a better pistol is about as futile as waiting for H-D to make better motorcycles...

· Registered
26 Posts
With fall finally here in Wyoming the gun of choice has become a Glock 20 in 10mm for when out and about outside of town, a Sig M18 is being tested and will move into the "in town" carry gun role that my SR1911 Lightweight Commander currently has.

· Registered
4,099 Posts
My duty pistol is a Glock Model 45 in 9mm. I've outfitted it with a RDS, a Streamlight TLRH1 white light and suppressor sights. I carry it off duty as my EDC.

The Glock is a tool that doesn't have to look good or be a piece of art. It just has to work and be dependable which it does both. I carried a Glock 22 .40 S&W for 12 years with my last agency and had carried a Sig Sauer P220 in .45 ACP for 13 years before that.

LEO's have to be prepared for multiple targets and perhaps extended shooting events so a high capacity, reliable and accurate sidearm is mandatory. Remember the only purpose of a side arms is to fight your way to a long gun.

Military camouflage Air gun Machine gun Motor vehicle Trigger

I have bears and mountain lions on my property here in the Rockies so when I'm out and about I carry a shortie 12 guage along with my G45.

Tartan Textile Wood Tool Rectangle

Reactions: Richard A and jkv45

· Registered
114 Posts
View attachment 491937
220COR45BSS
If I could find one of these outdated lil pistols, I would carry it.
UPDATE:
I can't believe it.... as soon as I mention this little thing, it shows up for sale. Will see if it gets lost in shipping.
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Everyday carry

Hope the holster maker isn't backlogged...because I am a man of my word…I better learn to keep my mouth shut.

· Registered
4 Posts
Boy that brings back memories.
Around 40 years ago.
One of only two small .45 ACP pistols available back then.
The other was a Detonics.
Never failed to feed or fire, though I always heard they were really good or really bad due to inconsistent Q.C.

Had a concealed sheet metal fabricated felt lined drawer behind the air vent way back in the day in my Ford Pinto (No A/C in that car back then) and it was a perfect fit with one spare magazine. .45 for light threats, Pinto gas tank for big stuff ;)…..Worked in some bad neighborhoods and alleys in Memphis all those years ago and that PD was a regular companion.
Uncle finally talked me out of it after about 15 years.
Only firearm I ever let get away.
I still have my PD and you are right on so many points ...But it has been a trusted companion for a long time!

· Registered
36 Posts
Boy that brings back memories.
Around 40 years ago.
One of only two small .45 ACP pistols available back then.
The other was a Detonics.
Never failed to feed or fire, though I always heard they were really good or really bad due to inconsistent Q.C.

Had a concealed sheet metal fabricated felt lined drawer behind the air vent way back in the day in my Ford Pinto (No A/C in that car back then) and it was a perfect fit with one spare magazine. .45 for light threats, Pinto gas tank for big stuff ;)…..Worked in some bad neighborhoods and alleys in Memphis all those years ago and that PD was a regular companion.
Uncle finally talked me out of it after about 15 years.
Only firearm I ever let get away.
You survived in a no AC Pinto? I had a company no AC Pinto and it was hotter than hell, in cool Ohio..

· Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
My duty pistol is a Glock Model 45 in 9mm. I've outfitted it with a RDS, a Streamlight TLRH1 white light and suppressor sights. I carry it off duty as my EDC.

The Glock is a tool that doesn't have to look good or be a piece of art. It just has to work and be dependable which is does both. I carried a Glock 22 .40 S&W for 12 years with my last agency and had carried a Sig Sauer P220 in .45 ACP for 13 years before that.

LEO's have to be prepared for multiple targets and perhaps extended shooting events so a high capacity, reliable and accurate sidearm is mandatory. Remember the only purpose of a side arms is to fight your way to a long gun.

View attachment 492334

I have bears and mountain lions on my property here in the Rockies so when I'm out and about I carry a shortie 12 guage along with my G45.

View attachment 492335
I like your G45 setup. Are those Dawson iron sights? Are they blacked out or tritium? I’m looking for irons for a 43x and want narrower front with narrow rear notch. Not the easiest thing to find for a G43.

· Registered
4,099 Posts
I like your G45 setup. Are those Dawson iron sights? Are they blacked out or tritium? I’m looking for irons for a 43x and want narrower front with narrow rear notch. Not the easiest thing to find for a G43.
I don't remember the brand of the sights. I went with what my department armorer recommended. They are blacked out.

· Registered
124 Posts
I have a "large" number of choices for carry; usually one primary gun and one back up gun. Currently I carry a Colt Competition Series Government Model in .38 Super with a Sig P365 as a backup. I carry 2 spare magazines for each pistol as well.

Generally I carry some variation of a 1911 with either the Sig P365 or a Colt or S&W Snub Nose for backup. I also have a German made Sig P220 chambered in .45 acp that gets carried sometimes. When I do carry any hand gun I try to get to the range so I can maintain proficiency with it.

· Registered
48 Posts
I love this pistol, and I say that as a person who came from a SIG P226. Other than the trigger, the CZ feels equal in quality to my SIG. You won't regret getting a CZ 75 if you plunk down the money one day.
many years ago, cold war era,I shot a tz-75,which I believe was a licensed copy of cz-75,which you could not import at that time.
I was amazing, flawless ,accurate.
A few years ago i bought a cz po-1,and fell in love.
despite being a life-long 1911 aficionado, (most recent kimber custom 2 ,which i love),I find myself carrying the cz more and more.
The ergonomics are over the top, an extension of my hand, I swear I do not really need to really aim, under 30 feet.

141 - 160 of 211 Posts