M14 Forum banner

What pistol are you carrying?

8963 Views 210 Replies 132 Participants Last post by  Jordan81
What pistol are you using for every day concealed carry these days?

Since this is an ever evolving genre with newer products coming out every day, I'm curious to hear what folks prefer for their every day carry piece. I've been carrying a Glock 43 w/ Taran Tactical +4 mag extension for some time. I just purchased a Glock 43x MOS and look to get the Shield Arms magazines to bump it up to 15 rds. I've been taking hard looks also at the Sig p365xl. I may get both and sell the one I don't want, or let my daughter have the one she likes. I never liked the Sig p365. I could never get a very good grip on it. With all the modularity of the p365 and the various grip modules you can put on it, it's hard not to want to try it out now.

I know there are so many more options. Hellcat, S&W, Shadow Systems, etc.

Anyway, tell us what you're carrying these days and don't be shy to tell us what holster and carry set-up you're using. Also, it there was a gun you recently switched to, tell us what you had been carrying and why you switched. Interested to hear. Pics welcome.
181 - 200 of 211 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
I totally understand why some folks don't care for Glocks. For decades I was sworn to always carry a 1911. But then one day I tried a friend's Glock model 34 and loved it. I now own three 34's which I swore up and down I'd never buy any Tupper-Ware Glock. FYI: One of the most accurate off the rack 45 acp pistols I've owned over the years was a Glock model 21c. All I did to that gun was a trigger job and Dawson Sights. It was silly how ridiculously accurate that big fat gripped gun was. I ended up selling my 21c to a buddy back when I transitioned all my Glocks to 9mm.

From my experience guys who like 1911's will take to the Glock 34 for obvious reasons. Try one if you ever get the chance, sir. Yes it'll still have a crappy trigger but I have a feeling you'll see what I mean. Once you get used the grungy, glopity, sloppy, two mile travel "striker fired" trigger that is.
Had 3 Glocks, still don't like them. I tried to like them, I really did. Just not going to happen. I believe a person should carry what they they shoot the best and have confidence in. A Glock will never do that for me.
I've carried 1911s in 45ACP for 40 years and will continue to carry one in one size or another. My favorite to carry is the Commander size guns. This one probably gets more holster time than the others.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

· Registered
1,765 Posts
Had 3 Glocks, still don't like them. I tried to like them, I really did. Just not going to happen. I believe a person should carry what they they shoot the best and have confidence in. A Glock will never do that for me.
I've carried 1911s in 45ACP for 40 years and will continue to carry one in one size or another. My favorite to carry is the Commander size guns. This one probably gets more holster time than the others.
That's why I switched from a .357 revolver to a M&P45. I just never enjoyed shooting the revolver, and with full-on .357 it was just not fun. Training with .38s didn't seem right.

Switching to my M&P45 2.0 Compact, I enjoy shooting it much more, and can shoot it all day long. It's on the large size for IWB carry, but it's worth it to me to have a pistol I really like and feel confident with. The smaller frame pistols just don't work well in .45 for me.

Same with 45 caliber. Just something I'm familiar with and enjoy shooting.

· Registered
8 Posts
"Normal" (a big word for me) carry sidearm is a Colt (lightweight) Commander in .45 ACP. At times my wardrobe requires smaller and more convenient to conceal (summer mostly), so I then carry a shortened M10 Smith. Rarely for even greater convenience, a Chief Special. All three function very well.

Glocks. I was issued one and carried it for a couple years. It worked and allowed me to quality well. Just lacks 'soul' for lack of a more precise word or phrase.

· Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,986 Posts
I have been carrying a Custom Ed Brown Kobra Carry in .45 Cal for 18 years now, in a IWB holster as my CCW.
Air gun Everyday carry Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

XXIV Corps

· Registered
4,102 Posts
Glock Model 45 9mm, Trijicon RDS, suppressor sights and Streamlight white light. Ammo Speer Gold dot.

Military camouflage Air gun Machine gun Motor vehicle Trigger

· Registered
20 Posts
depends on the mood.

pocket carry: LCP max with Hornady critical defense

IWB: glock 43 with taran Plus 1 extension, or glock 19 with oem mag, both have speer gold dot 124 grain bonded 9mm

hunting: snubnose 44 magnum with buffalo bore hard cast lead wadcutter .44

· Registered
1,765 Posts
Daughter-in-law is picking up her new 9mm M&P Shield Plus tomorrow.

Son like his SIG P365XL, and is a bit bent out of shape that the wife went with a S&W instead - like his Old Man (M&P45 2.0 Compact)

If I wanted to carry a 9mm, it would be the Shield Plus, but no plans to change at this point.

· Registered
4,102 Posts
My date night pistol ;-)

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gesture Gun barrel

· Registered
1,251 Posts
When I moved here it was still mostly green fields and sleepy little town. Not anymore.
The problem with Haymarket, was when the Elites of the area (Middleburg, Leesburg, and Upper Fauquier county voted down the Disney Theme Park. Now look what you have on US 15 wall to wall HOUSES!!!. I'm so glad I moved from that area..

Carry On !!!

· Registered
3,172 Posts
The problem with Haymarket, was when the Elites of the area (Middleburg, Leesburg, and Upper Fauquier county voted down the Disney Theme Park. Now look what you have on US 15 wall to wall HOUSES!!!. I'm so glad I moved from that area..

Carry On !!!
I loved that area.

There was someplace through there that had 20 acre mini-estates. I picked up a tractor at a friend's land in there and across the street were 20beautiful Arabian horses in a pen.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts