• Competitive Shooter

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of shooter are you?

I used to shoot Service Rifle Competition, but time constraints turned me into a recreational shooter and then a non-shooter 8O 8O 8O But all that's gonna change this year as I will just plain have to get shooting more often and on a regular basis.....

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Shooting is simply fun for me now..........

Hawk, you have to lump me in with all the recreational shooters out there - I admire the dicipline required to be a competitive shooter, however plinking is where I come to life. I simply enjoy shooting, especially the M1-A's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I shoot USPSA (IPSC) nearly ever weekend and hit at least one 3 gun shoot per month.

The pistol (revolver) is fun but 3 gun is a hoot. I shoot my M1A in the rifle class. I'm not really competitive against the black rifle crowd but it's fun.
Dave

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Recreation now. I never went to Camp Perry but always enjoyed a little friendly compition. Since my accident in 03, I can't even shoot prone at all and get bad spasms in off hand after a few groups. I'm still deadly in the sitting position. To bad I can't just shoot one leg :!:

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Recreational Only. Never shot battle rifle competitions, but did some of that "other stuff" before I learned how to shoot in the "real world". Now handguns - that's a different story... :arm11:

db

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D I just shoot Competition, I dont have the time to shoot just for Fun! :(

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,165 Posts
Hawk,

You have to lump me in with all the recreational type shooters out there. I go once a week for a morning of professional paper puncher fun with my M1A.

XXIV Corps :mrgreen:
DMZ 70-72

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
I have had to reduce my competition shooting to just matches at my club due to health reasons. I still shoot highpower there and smallbore prone. My recreational shooting has increased but hopefully this summer I will get back into conventional pistol at my club and some highpower at other ranges.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I shoot Garand and HP matches most every month. I do need to shoot a m1a across -the-course still -- it is on my list for this year!

I also find time for load development / recreational shooting a couple times a month.

Dave

·
Rest in peace
1,399 Posts
I don't own a competition capable M14 rifle, as most of the local ranges get a little hinkey when they realize that the selector switch isn't an add-on. Our club does have Class 3 shoots, though. It's fun to walk 2 liter soda containers along the berm with short bursts. The rifle will shoot into 1.5" at 100 yards, with a well used standard barrel by TRW. :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Oh where to begin. First started recreational and hunting (age 5). Then addedcompletition HP (Garand in High shcool). Then lots 'o combat from bowling pins to stteel (70s and 80s three gun). Then almost exclusively tactical (90s four gun). Add to that trap and skeet for fun and competition (not profitible yet ;) ) Now, I am getting back to HP with the M14.

BTW, all shooting is competitive (I complete against myself) and recreational, I love it.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hawk, You forgot about those of use who use our's for work. I shoot my m1a as my primary patrol rifle and my PWA carbine for CQB, room clearance, and Entry Team duties. I still shoot for fun. :arm36:

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gunnerm1a said:
Hawk, You forgot about those of use who use our's for work. I shoot my m1a as my primary patrol rifle and my PWA carbine for CQB, room clearance, and Entry Team duties. I still shoot for fun. :arm36:
I would say that's recreational shooting wouldn't you??? ;) ;) ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.