M14 Forum banner

What kind of bedding is this?

858 2
What kind of bedding is this? Bedding Pic 1

Moderator: The Bedding Pic was very large so has been converted to link. Tom O.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Aloha Bravo2:

The picture was large but very clear. I would probably guess that it was AcraGel or AcraGlas mixed with Brown dye. Do you know who did the bedding work?

The edges outside of the bedded areas should be cleaned up while the bedding material is hardening... it looks like the edges outside of the bedded areas were not cleaned during this process.

All in all it looks like the the right places have been bedded. The forward bridge is there but it does not look like the bedding work that is done by Springfield Armory...

How does the rifle shoot with the bedded stock?

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know about how it shoots for me yet since the SM stock is on the way and the rifle w/ usgi stock is on the way too(from different sources), old guy who i am trading for rifle says he gets 1 1/8" groups at 100yrds with fed match and the SA scope. He says hes not all that of a shooter. Stock is a super match from SA and thats the bedding from SA fars i know. Guy took it of a SM SA that was made back around 82 or 83. I would guess if the m14 fits the SM stock better it may shoot 3/4" on the rifle, will have to see and shoot it with usgi stock for base line and then SM stock and see how it improves. I don't have a scope to slap on it to find out. I post to get both next week. I plan on putting on a douglas barrel anyway. And left over parts will just build another i think if that barrel is that accurate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.